Sweeps - bleeding after?

MrsVenn

Reaction score
Just need a bit of previous experience..

When I had DD, I had 3 sweeps, all unsuccessful and not even a hint of a show.

With this one, I had my first last week and had a bit of a brownish show and cramps. It all fizzled out though by Sunday.

Yesterday I had my second sweep. I bled instantly and MW said that was fine. It continued throughout the afternoon which was brown, mucusy and with bit of red streaky blood in, one very small clot too.

This morning, I had one red streak and more brown. She said to me to call if I was bleeding heavily but I have no idea if this is 'normal' or heavy? My view of heavy is like saturation.

I did have an irritable cervix throughout 1st trimester so it doesn't take much to make me bleed but..

Baby movements have been fine, his HR was perfect before and after the sweep too.

Anyone familiar with this? I feel so clueless as a 2nd time Mum as this pregnancy has been completely different to DDs.

I think bleeding is like period bleeding. Bloody mucus is most likely your show and could mean you‘ll be in labour in the next 48hours - good luck!

I went into hospital with dd with blood. I went in to get checked out for fear of the quantity and redness of blood but they checked and did a sweep, pulled hand out and said as it was stringy gloop like it was a bloody show rather than specifically bleeding. They expected to see me back ththat evening in active labour, but i laboured long time so didn't go in until nearly 60 hours later and DD was born 12 hours later.

Hopefully iit's kick starting things for you.

Here they do a sweep at 2 day intervals to not waste the hormones that may get generated from the sweep process, and then after 2 sweeps, 2 days later do gel induction. The hope being the build up of hormones generated through sweeps will help to get things going rather than letting the sweep effect die out

Thanks girls. Ok yeah it's nothing like period, it's stringy and gloopy as you describe. Lets hope, I've just cleaned the car in and out and I'll walk the school run to keep things active.. I just hope this one works.

That's a good strategy Gingerspice. I think I had some similar patter with DD but this one we kicked started things early on Friday and then my MW was unfortunately on leave so earliest apt was Tues with another MW. Next one isn't until next Monday so I'm not hopeful.

I had the gels with DD and they didn't do anything either, I think my body just hates hormones and is stubborn. :(

I am achey but that's probably because I've cleaned the house top to bottom on top of the car, hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->