Swimming question

T

Tilly

I feel so silly asking this, I have Bethanie a swimsuit. I was looking at tips online so I don't forget anything for her first trip to a swimming baths, but they say about swim nappies, do you use them? I just put it under the swimsuit like a normal nappy? over?:rofl:

Anything else I need to know? im a bit nervous about it.

just under the swimsuit like a normal nappy hun :D

Hiya,

Me & Noah are going swimming tomorrow....for the first time. Eeek!

I haven't got him a swimsuit yet as my friend has 2 she said I could have. I'm just going to use a pair of little swimmers tomorrow. We're in a private pool which is a hydro pool so will be warm anyway.

To my knowledge you put them under the costume, but then you'd have to make sure it fits with the little swimmers underneath. You could always just put the little swimmers on her with or without a bikini type top.

I also wondered do you shower them afterwards :blush:???

xx

lol the showers there are usually quite harsh so im most likely going to bath her when we get home, might give her a quick rinse though so she doesn't get sore.

I didn't even think of a swim nappy, im glad I found out beforehand or the little turd might have been joining us for a swim.

If I change her can I put it back on or do I need to take some spares?

We've just bought a reusable swim nappy from the NappyLady website, as the little swimmers are massive on Kaya - up to her armpits - and you can't get them any smaller. All swim nappies do is stop the solids and let the pee through, so if your sprog is only having one or two poos a day you might be ok with just a swimsuit.

She poos loads and they're like maltesers at the min.. don't fancy catching those 1 at a time you know. TMI I know.

i had bikinis for our girls and just used the tops with swim nappies i took a pack of about 6 so i could change them but it all depends on how long you are spending there.

I had a swimsuit for Rae and put a swim diaper under it xoxoxoxoxoxox

from which age on can u go swimming with them? as the pools contain a lot of chlorine, no?

You can go swimming as soon as you like, you're not meant to spend too long in at first, but the chlorine kills all the bugs - just make sure you give her a bath.

Bethanie enjoyed swimming loads :D I put her a swim nappy on with her swimsuit over the top, the baby pool was closed at first but the main pool was only 2o colder, so we got in there for about 10 minutes and she loved it (she was kicking her little arms and legs bless her) and I was saying "boingy boingy" and bouncing her around in the water. I went with Sonny's brothers girlfriend too so she enjoyed us both messing around with her. We then got in the baby pool, but only stayed there an hour in total and she had her first shower lol. Can't wait to take her again she is such a little water baby. :)

i got some little swimmers which you just dispose of each time but then i found little trunks in Mothercare that are padded and you just wash them each time. I found these a better fit and easier than a swimsuit and nappy (and cheaper in the long term).
I first took ds swimming at 8 weeks and he is very confident in water now (2.5), i took him in the showers from the beginning, obviously just a rinse at first. Now i can never get him out of the showers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->