Swine flu jab before TTC?

Amygdala

Reaction score
Hey ladies!
Does anyone live in a country where they could get a swine flu jab even if they're not pregnant yet? If so, would you do it before TTC? I know a lot of people are sceptical about the vaccine but I think I'd want to protect my unborn child if I was to become pregnant and surely before TTC would be better than during pregnancy?

I live in the US and you can get the vaccine right now even if your not pregnant. It goes fast so I know people have to call around to get it. I would rather get the vaccine before TTC but over here they have a thermisol free version so if you are pregnant and get the vaccine it's not that big of a deal.

In Canada the vaccine is now available to the general public too. I got it and got it for my son too. There is a lot of controversy surrounding the vaccine yes but I decided to get it and i think its a good idea before TTC, but most places have the thymeresol free vaccines that are safe in pregnancy too.

I've already had the jag, and if you want it I think it's a better idea to have it before TTC

I had the jab earlier this week, not knowing at that point whether was PG or not, the nurse said it was safe to have if did turn out to be Preggers, so don't think it makes much difference before or after. Only thing for me is I had pretty sore arm (its only just wearing off 3days later) which stopped me sleeping, so if were also preggers would have been tough to deal with both lack of sleep and feeling knackered from early pregnancy!

I live in the US and you can get the vaccine right now even if your not pregnant. It goes fast so I know people have to call around to get it. I would rather get the vaccine before TTC but over here they have a thermisol free version so if you are pregnant and get the vaccine it's not that big of a deal.

I'm also in the US, but can't get it until I am pregnant. I guess it depends on the area you are in. I would rather have it now and not worry about it.

I got it lately but I got it because I was in an at risk group. My arm hurt like hell for a few days after and felt fairly crappy. Wouldn't like to go through that while being pregnant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->