Swine flu

emmajane

Reaction score
I travelled to New York at the weekend and since coming back have felt awful. Rang NHS direct yesterday and they said it didn't sound like Swine Flu but this afternoon I have had a fever so rang out of hours Dr and they are sending out the men in white coats (and masks etc) from the Health Protection Agency this evening to take swabs etc! Oh my God. Apparently it doesn't have any impact on the baby but I am worried about Theo. He seems fine now but he has been in close contact with me since I got back. :( We apparently have to stay in isolation for a few days - which is a problem as we have no food in the house. So scary.

:hugs: That is so scary. I hope all is well and that LO is okay. Hang in there.

Don't really know what else to say, can't imagine what is going through your head right now. :hugs:

being that i live in the US, i will let you know not to worry. however being pg i dont know what all you can do to treat it. the swine flu is nothing but the flu, just a new strain. it can be treated... just like the regular flu! it is not anymore severe either! people died here because they didnt get treated properly, or at all... that goes for the regular flu too!! i hope it gets worked out for you though, and i hope you get to feeling better!:hugs:

Thankyou everyone. They finally came round at 10pm last night and saying we should get the results tonight or tomorrow. We are in quarantine until we get the all clear and they have started me on a tamiflu version which is apparently safe in pregnancy. I really hope so. Theo seems ok ish so I hope he isn't starting to get poorly. :( But I feel very crap. :(

did u get the results hun? how r u feeling? x

Only just saw this, hope ur ok hun. Update us asap xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"