switching from cow and gate to aptamil because of constipation.

fuschia

Reaction score
For 4 plus weeks now my son has been pooing every other day. Sometimes on the 3rd day. Hes 6 weeks old.

I was given some advice today to say I should move from cow and gate to aptamil as cow and gate formula is notorious for causing constipation.

So I bought some aptamil milk and hes had 2oz so far.

Has anyone else done this?/did it work?

I switched from sma comfort to aptamil for the same reasons when my son was about 20 weeks old and wow what a difference it made. He went from pooing every couple of days and needing help from baby massages, screaming in pain all the time and being a generally grumpy baby to pooing a few times a day quite happily. Aptamil has been a winner for us.
Hope it makes a good difference for you.

Thanks Hanni. I know there isn't a sure answer to this but its encouraging to know it helped you. ! I was wondering if there was any point really but sounds like I should try.

Do you remmeber how long it took for you to see a difference

Was it the aptamil comfort you switched too? Or just standard stage 1?

I switched from cow and gate to aptamil because she had such stinky gas on cow and gate, it didn't feel like it was doing her much good! She's not been on aptamil long yet though.

Thanks Hanni. I know there isn't a sure answer to this but its encouraging to know it helped you. ! I was wondering if there was any point really but sounds like I should try.

Do you remmeber how long it took for you to see a difference

Was it the aptamil comfort you switched too? Or just standard stage 1?

About 48 hours, not that long at all.

Just the normal aptamil.

As the PP said as well, he went from having the smelliest wind to pretty much non smelling. When he was a few weeks old one friend even handed him back to me because he smelt so bad! 😐

I switched from cow and gate to aptamil because she had such stinky gas on cow and gate, it didn't feel like it was doing her much good! She's not been on aptamil long yet though.

I'm not sure he likes it ?! When you changed your babies over did they drink the new milk just same as always?

Hes been just having 1oz at a time then stopping. And hes not seemed starting but still a bit restless so I did a bottle of cow and gate at 8pm after having aptamil from 12.30pm and he downed it.

Is this normal...or is this hin telling me thanks but no thanks !

Oh I'm really not sure. My LO loved the aptamil. Could you try the pre made stuff? My son always prefers that but it is more expensive, especially long term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->