Switching from Formula to cows milk - anyone delay it?

roxie78

Mom of 2
Reaction score
Just wondering if any others with preemies delayed the switch from formula to cows milk? Although my daughter turned 1 (actual) in November, I have kept her on formula but is it necessary or not? Are there more vitamins in the formula and does she need them? I just want to protect her the best I can! She was on dalivit till she was approx 9 months and I would happily carry on with that if it was beneficial.

Any thoughts please?

I moved my lo to cows milk during the day at 1 corrected as she was starting nursery but she still had a breastfeed morning and night. I think you should do what you feel comfortable with. If you don't feel she is eating enough to get all the vitamins and minerals she needs from solid food then stick to formula for a while.

I think it really depends on how well she eats solids. If she eats a good varied diet then there should not be any need for the extra vitamins and minerals in formula.

My boys are one (actual) in a few weeks and I will be switching them to cows milk once we have used up our current formula stocks. However, I am going to continue there vitamin supplement until the end of the winter, to ensure they have enough vitamin D, which can be lacking in winter months. They do eat very well though, so I don't really have any concerns.

We kept on it a bit, of it's not broke then don't try and fix it in our case :haha:

Anya was 1 in October and I still have her on formula, stage 3 aptamil xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->