Switching to Neocate formula - help!

JumpingIn

Mummy+TTC#2
Reaction score
Our 13 week old exclusively breastfed baby is still suffering with severe reflux and gastric issues despite me cutting out all common allergens from my diet. We have been advised to switch him to Neocate.

Does anyone have experience with switching to this vile-smelling formula? Needless to say he's none too impressed and we've had very little success so far

My LO was just put on Neocate yesterday. I have a friend whose little girl had CMPA and she warned me about the smell and I have to say, I can't blame them for not wanting to drink it- it smells foul! The paediatric dietician that prescribed it told us to put a drop or two of vanilla extract in the bottle to help with the taste. My LO still isn't overly keen but we're managing to get him to drink a fair amount. I wasn't keen on the idea of sweetening it but I figure the dietician knows what she's talking about and once he gets used to it, we can start reducing the amount of flavour we're adding.

I have twin girls almost 6 months old. One girl has had terrible reflux since birth and has gone from enfamil to nutramigen and finally to neocate. She has been on neocate now for a little over three months. It is a bit smelly, but smells WHY better than nutramigen! And no one told me the stool would be a terrible green color either...that was quite a surprise! But I am happy to say my little one takes the bottle without the flavoring (her dr suggested vanilla syrup) and is doing well. She still spits up from time to time but has started baby food and we have had no problems thank goodness. Hope your lo is taking to the formula well too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->