sylvanian families

Phantom

Mommy
Reaction score
We have "Calico Critters" here which is the North American Sylvanian families, they are basically the same thing. For those who own them, how old was your child when they were able to play with them? The small accessories scare me but I think dd would love them. She's only 2 though.

I'm interested to see what other mom's think as well. My DD1 will be 2 on the 7th.

My youngest is getting some sylvanian bits. I know she will be fine with them (she turns 2 in a few weeks) I think you know your child and whether it will be suitable for them x

My niece is getting her first sylvanian families this Christmas. She's just turned 3. I think it just depends on the child, she until recently still put everything in her mouth whereas I would've trusted Rio to play with them a while ago. He has proper Lego but niece can't be trusted not to chew on it so really only you can decide if your LO is old enough. X

Me and my sister had them from about 6 at a guess? We were able to actually play with them, as in role play with them. My 2 year old gets little figures and forgets about them after some days as she doesn't understand how to play with them, however if your child does then why not. Just be careful with accessories as my children have been caught playing with our old ones and breaking them, they're not built for young children. :)

My oldest got her first ones last xmas (she was just turned 4) and her younger sister (just turned 2) does play with them but I don't think I'd get her any of her own yet. They're quite fiddly to play with for little hands especially the teeny tiny pieces and some of them are quite delicate.

I think it's down to the child. My eldest is 4 and would be fine with them, my two year old couldn't be trusted. Therefore were waiting until next Christmas to start a sylvanian collection.
That said I'm buying playmobil for them which also has small parts, going to get a little Tupperware box to store the bits and pieces so out of dd2 reach. :)

My eldest (5 in 12 days) is a big fan thanks to Youtuber EllieV Toys. Some things are very small so if she has the tendency to put things in her mouth a lot, I wouldn't advise buying them, there are lots of mini pieces like cutlery, crockery, medicine, pills, food etc. My 15 month old tries to get her hands on them and puts bits in her mouth, or throws things around.

I remember looking at Calico Critters last year, thinking dd would be too young because of all the small pieces (she was 2 yr 7month at Christmas last year). She was still putting everything she picked up in her mouth.

You could just get the little figures if you're worried about the accessories. DD is getting some of the family sets for xmas, I'm avoiding the sets with lots of pieces as I know they will be lost in no time no matter how careful DD is.

I, going to be getting some for my little girl this year (she will be 4 in January) we get her those blind bags of My Little Ponys and she likes them.

Tori got them last year at 4/5, but we kept the tiny pieces in a box away. She'd only lose them anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->