Sylvester as a boys name...does it sound silly with our surname?

Dogtanian

Reaction score
I love the name Sylvester,and OH wasnt sure at first but now its starting to grow on him.The issue is our surname is Stone....does it sound too much like Sylvester Stallone?
As it happens we are big fans of Sylvester Stallone,so it wouldnt be a case of we would hate anyone saying that,but i dont fancy spending my life hearing it from people and potential stupid comments.
Should i just not care and go for the name cos we love it,or is it best avoided?
:dust:

Tbh I think most people would associate it, it was first thing that popped into my mind. However that's not a bad thing and it's quite a cute sounding name xx

As above, it was the first thing that popped to mind when I read the name and I think there will be a strong assosiation. But there are much worse assosiations he could have!

I think it's really similar and because of that, I would avoid it with your surname x

Before I even read the last name, Sylvester Stallone popped to mind. However, I don't think it needs to be avoided, as you said you like the actor, an I don't think there is much bullying potential. He's kind of getting old anyway, maybe kids around his age won't have a strong association.

eta just looked it up and he's 67 :shock:

Yes it reminds me of Sylvester Stallone but it's a really cool name! Definitely go for it!

i didnt really thing about it tell you mentioned it, but if it doesn't bother you, go for it :)

I definitely thought of Sylvester Stallone and your last name is very very similar sounding to me, but I wouldn't not use it because of that as long as you are prepared for these reactions.
If you are a fan though and love the name then go for it!!

I really think that this is the name i want for my baby boy,obviously i will have to see if it fits when hes born,but as long as OH stays on board i can see it happening.
Thanks for the comments everyone
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"