Symptoms following your BFP and first few weeks

j1405

Mum to Ethan and Ruben
Reaction score
Hi!

Just found out i'm pregnant and already feel soo tired during the day and just over all crap! Foggy brain you know like when you've had your first glass of wine and you start to feel a bit dizzy and lightheaded. Thats how I have been feeling.

Please share how you felt in the days and weeks after your bfp!

Hi! Congratulations! I found out a week ago and I'm 6 weeks today. I feel pretty lazy more than anything like I just can't be bothered to do anything. When I wake in the morning I feel pretty groggy but generally I don't feel too bad. My boobs really hurt and we're swollen all last week but that's been about it. I think everyone's bodies react differently to being pregnant though. X

Luckily I have no sore boobies!! :D Hope I start feeling better. With my first pregnancy my iron levels were low. I wonder if this is not the case again and which might be causing me to be lightheaded.

i'll be 5 weeks tomorrow, and i found out a day after i missed my period (i ovulated really late, i had been testing every day for a couple days). i'm tired, headaches, sore boobs. is it weird i want morning sickness to assure myself everything is going okay? :wacko:

J1405 - that could quite possibly be it. I also suffered with low iron levels in my last pregnancy but a bit further on. Are you taking a pregnancy supplement at all?

3 babesforme - I'm actually praying I don't get sickness at all cause I have a phobia but I totally get why you would. It's such a long wait until you actually see your baby on a screen isn't it, it makes me really anxious.

Tired! Just totally rubbish like I had a hangover. Then from about 6 weeks really nauseous.

I'm 5 weeks today :happydance: my bbs have been hurting since before I got my bfp, and are much bigger. I bought some non-underwired bras last week and I've got from a (snug) C cup to a DD. I've had the occasional nauseous day last week and this week. But for the past 4 days I've started to feel very tired around 3/4pm, and have had a dozey nap each day. Trying to get my bit of exercise in in the mornings because there's no way I'll be doing it after work!

Tired - overwhelmingly and uselessly exhausted. I'm still a waste of human space most days. I live in a fog... Sore boobs... In the first few weeks I was constipated to the point of getting hemorrhoids. Also - my friend bloat...

I am 7+1 and had had really bad MS for over a week now. I also started to feel really tired around 5.5 weeks. I feel exhausted and sick all day. No motivation at all right now. I can hardly wait to get my energy back!!

Oooh ladies I should prepare myself for what is to come because its sounds like this crappy feeling will just get worse!

And I have a very busy 3 year old! Gosh what ave I gotten myself into! Lol

Despite the changes taking place i'm looking forward to the pregnancy. Its bittersweet actually as this is my last baby.

When are you all going for your first scan?

I had my first scan at 6+6. We saw a bean with a heartbeat. At 10+6 the Doc just listened to the heartbeat via Doppler since our NT scan is scheduled for 12+0.

Bubbles19 we are both 6 weeks!! Due date at this point is September 14, but I have a scan next week to confirm. I have had super sore and huge breasts from before BFP and they keep getting bigger. OH loves it, but they are so sore, I'm like you can look but don't touch!! And I'm very tired no matter how much I sleep, ecspecialy after I eat lol. Foggy brain too. And cranky on and off, but that's about it. I've had a few episodes of light spotting, but doc says its normal and have been getting blood draws for a week to make sure hcg is doubling, which it has been, so I'm very happy. I too want ms tho lol crazy I know, but ive been through it before so I know I can handle it.

I just got my BFP 2 days ago and I have had very sore and full breasts for the past couple of days and since yesterday very bloated with stinky gas (sorry tmi!). So far I am not feeling super tired or nauseated though.

I know ms is crap but I skipped that with my first pregnancy completely. Did not have one day of ms. I would like to at least experience a BIT as I too feel like that is what makes you feel "pregnant" lol.

My first scan is 8 +6. Due date 1 Oct but I will have a c-sect so the birth date would probably be last week of Sept. I had a c-sect with my son so will have to go for round 2 with that. Had a really good experience the first time so not to bothered with that.

I have realised that eating fruit and drinking water helps with the foggy brain and tiredness. Think I went to long between meals and my blood sugar dropped making me feel worse so I'm cutting up pieces of fruit and I snack on some every hour. Keep me feeling much better and more alert.

Its hectic if you have a demanding job and you just want to nap under your table! :)

Are you ladies eating better now that you are pregnant? I'm trying as I was very bad at eating during the day at all.

I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks and the 5th/6th week I just felt hungover so tired, headache, and if I didn't eat I felt nausea and sore boobs and then the 7th week hit and I got morning sickness and went off certain foods and the worse thing I couldn't brush my teeth morning or night without wretching or being sick and this lasted till 16 weeks and then after that I just got more tired and more uncomfortable as time went on

Good luck ladies hope you all have a happy healthy 9 months :)

I found out at 3 weeks. The very next day nausea and fatigue hit me like a train. I was also sucking down water and peeing all the time. The nausea has been gone since week 4 and the fatigue is more mild. I've been eating better and getting to sleep early. I'm still thirstier and hungrier than usual, but not quite as bad as that first day, and I wake up early needing to pee. Some heartburn on and off too. Starting week 4 my bbs became mildly sore...more moderately sore just yesterday. I'm 6 weeks weeks today. Felt a bit dizzy standing up from breakfast today. Fingers crossed the nausea doesn't return!

I have a weird symptom. Initially I did not think it was pregnancy related but now I think it might be.

Since the day before I got my bfp I had this burning sensation on my shoulder blade. Its not pain, just a really annoying burning feeling in a specific spot on my shoulder blade. I have never had it before. It comes and goes during the day.

Anyone have this? I'm only 4 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->