Symptoms of Pre-E ??

ashley_gee89

Mummy of 3.
Reaction score
So I’m not entirely sure what I’m looking for or if I’m being neurotic but I’ve been having really bad headaches the last few weeks.. once I went completely blind for a couple of minutes, Friday I couldn’t see out of my peripheral vision because of the floaters, also for a couple of minutes but the headache stays even without visual disturbances.. feels like a dull ache across my eyebrows.. sometimes my forehead feels numb too.

I have no protein in urine and no swelling but I did notice my bp is ‘high’ for me but within normal range.

I was 100/60 for my 26 & 28 wk appts. My last appt @ 34+5 was 122/85. For somebody who normally has borderline low bp, surely that’s high for me?

Severe heartburn too, that bad it wakes me and baby is small too

Any advice ?

Hmmmmm well I'm no doctor but your BP seems totally normal, and without high BP or protein then the vision thing sounds like something separate. Especially with no swelling!!

For example I had borderline Pre-E with my son and my BP was 190/95 when I wasn't laying down on my side! And they didn't even call it pre e because I didn't have protein until right before I got induced.

The swelling is/was a MAJOR sign, along with BP and protein. I think if you are ONLY having vision changes that would be something else.

When is your next midwife appt? Hopefully she can help you feel like fearful and reassure you.

They sound like migraines but probably best to phone your midwife just to be on the safe side. Is there any way you could take your BP at home while you're symptomatic?

To be honest I wouldn't think twice about contacting a midwife if you have the slightest inclination that you could be pre eclamptic. It'll put your mind at ease if they tell you it's nothing to worry about, and if it is something to worry about you're in the right hands. My BP was pretty high for a while (140/90+) so I was getting constantly checked for pre e and they always told me the headache would be bad and at the front, and paracetamol wouldn't do anything to get rid of it. Epigastric pain is also a big one they were always asking about.

I had a really long reply typed out and my
Phone wiped it fgs.

Bp was 142/95 today. Bloods sent off.

No protein in urine but then my urine didn’t show a kidney infection, even after being admitted to hosp.. I’m a strange one.

Are there any other symptoms I should be looking for at all ?

Aww man I'm sorry. Did they put you on bedrest?

For me, I felt kinda woozy which is what led me to check my own BP and be diagnosed. Just light headed. I had vision changes but no headache. I wasn't diagnosed with pre-e, though....they induced me as soon as there was protein.

They say upper right quadrant pain, swelling......hopefully you just have hypertension and not pre-e.

:hugs:

I had a friend who had to have an emergency section at 35 weeks because she had a pre eclampic fit and she never has protein in her urine at all!

You're being looked after though, so I'm sure whatever happens a you're in the best hands.

Woozy is a good way to put it! I can’t really describe how I feel.. just not well at all. I’m gonna call them in the morning if headache still hasn’t shifted or if I still feel ill, hopefully have results too? We’ll see !

Had a voicemail off midwife.. bloods are fine but there’s high protein in my urine :-/

Aww I'm sorry! So what are the next steps? Looks like you are being induced in 5 days? How are along will you be? Bed rest until then? Not much else you can do...take it easy and keep us posted!!! Are they calling it Pre-e?!?!?!

:hugs:

The phrase Pre E hasn’t been used again but I have to keep an eye on my symptoms and if any change, go to the hospital & rest as much as poss.. assuming everything is okay, I’ll be induced on Sunday as planned.. I’ll be bang on 37 weeks so here’s hoping I can just get there!

Not long to go!!! Do you have everything ready for baby? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->