Symptoms subsiding...

2Pups4Kids

Reaction score
I'm a bit concerned... had some sorta sharp cramping this morning, boob tenderness has subsided (this is the first day they're not kind of sore) and nausea has pretty much gone away...

I've been so afraid of a mmc... this is my first pregnancy and have no idea what to expect.

No bleeding, but I can't help but worry... :nope:

Has this happened to any of you ladies around 9 weeks?

The sharp cramping started in pretty bad today for me but symptoms actually kicked in today for me. I will be curious what anyone has to say about symptoms increasing and/or decreasing too.

Well, I googled it (guilty--I know I shouldn't) and many results came back saying some peoples' symptoms start decreasing after the placenta starts kicking in and that can happen as early as 9 weeks. Hoping that's all it is. :shrug:

I feel exactly the same this week. I've not really had much symptom-wise at all (but didnt with DD either) slight nausea, sore books, bit more tired and gone off drinking tea/more thirsty.

But Ive not had nausea now for over a week (not that I really had it anyway). I think as I have no history of MC waiting until 12 wk scan seems a long way away before getting to see anything, so it just doesnt seem real at all. I felt the same last time. totally convinced at 12 week scan they would find nothing there. I thought I would be more relaxed this time but no. The worrying just wont go away. I do wish there was something else I could do to check all is ok beside just waiting.

So you mean to say that we'll STILL go crazy, even if we've been through this before?! Haha. :laugh2:

But seriously, it's a relief that this seems to be a trend around 9-10 weeks.

I don't know if there is any medical explanation when the symptoms shoul or can disappear. But I remember that in my las pregnancy all the symptoms went away something about 8-9th week. I remember that I was worrying just like you do now but I think it is quite normal. I read somewhere that after 9th week the symptoms may decrease. So try not to worry. If there's no bleeding I think it is all fine :)

This is my third pregnancy and the worry is still as bad lol! But it is quite normal for symptoms to subside (just need to keep telling my worried mind that lol!).

I feel like I could have written this post myself!!!! In the past few days it seems that I feel totally normal :cry: I am going absolutely nuts waiting for my next scan - which thankfully is FRIDAY :happydance:
I will be sure to update you after...
Originally I said there was NO way I would buy a Doppler for home use, but now I'm reconsidering.... If everything is ok at this next scan, of course.... That way at least I could at least hear the heartbeat when I got nervous?!?

I have had a previous MC. So now i'm pregnant again they scheduled me for an early scan, which i had last Friday. I was only 7 weeks 4 days and ALL my symptoms resolved last week. No sore boobs, hardly any cramping....the only thing i had was exhaustion. I was SURE when i went in for the scan i was not going to see a heart beat....but there it was! beautiful and beating strong! Its completely normal for your symptoms to fluctuate. Don't worry. :) We are some of the lucky ones, enjoy it.

I was so worried b/c my symptoms subsided greatly at 8+4ish that I called my doctor. He had me come in for a reassurance scan and sure enough everything was PERFECT. They have sort of come & gone since. The last two days I've again started to feel much, much better & my doc said that was totally normal as you start to finish the 1st tri! Enjoy it :)

I had three or four days with no symptoms towards the end of the 8th week. panicked and got a scan - baby was moving about and measuring 8w6d :)

Since then, symptoms are BACK. 10 and 1/2 weeks and not slowing yet.

Every pregnancy is different,... and symptoms are not always a reliable way of knowing whether or not your pregnancy is healthy. With my first pregnancy, my symptoms were 100% gone by 11 weeks, and with my second, they were completely gone at 9! Now, those kids are 22 and 5 months old, respectively. This time, I've had symptoms non-stop since days before I found out and am STILL sick. I haven't experienced this before, but I know that it's just a new pregnancy and a new experience.

I remember how it feels being pregnant for the first time and not knowing what's okay and what isn't. I can definitely relate, but now I have the wisdom of being on my third pregnancy and having 2 healthy, perfect children. Don't feel silly for being afraid. You're a parent in training, and it's very normal to be scared and worried. :hugs:

Well ladies, I'm quite reassured now! Got my doppler in the mail today and after about a half hour of searching, I FINALLY found my little peanut's heartbeat! It was amazing, worth every penny!

Thanks for the support :) Especially with this being my first, I have no idea what to expect... so I appreciate you all sharing your experience with loss of symptoms... glad to know it's quite normal!!

Symptoms come and go. But I understand being nervous- I'm expecting my 3rd baby, and still nervous about every little twinge...I had this around 8 weeks, and then my symptoms kicked back in but even worse!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->