Tablet for a 5 year old which one?

bubblychick

Mum of G & M
Reaction score
DD is 5 next month and we have decided to buy her tablet. Not an expensive one and preferably one with good parental controls. She's always asking to use the iPad and does well with the games and apps we've downloaded for her.

The only issue I have is which one to get. Has anyone bought a tablet for their child and which one? I'm swinging toward the Kindle Fire right now but I'm still not 100% sure.

mine has had the Samsung tablet 4 but my son who is 14 pinched it off her she doesnt really miss it but she is only 4 she was great on it though she uses my phone as well and has a 3ds and other things x

Tesco Hudl. Cheap, can use clubcard points to make it cheaper. Good parental controls and it's android so lots of apps. I was leaning towards kindle fire but I was told there aren't as many apps for it.

Ds, 5, has just spent the birthday money that I put aside for him on a Galaxy S. It's expensive but he has been using a tablet very successfully since he was 2 and was desperate to have something that would allow him to play the game Skylander Trap Team.

I have a Tesco Hudl2 (mine, not dds) and I think it would be perfect x

my daughter has an Acer Iconia and its been great for her

My son has had an original ipad since he was 3 and an older ipod touch since he was 2. He's 5 now and I'll be upgrading him to a newer ipad (but still older model) so it can run the current OS because he's constantly running into an issue finding apps that will work on the original ipad. His younger brother (age 2) is forever trying to use the ipad anyway, so he'll inherit the older model from his brother.

We have two Acer Iconica's and are pleased with them. Technically they weren't "for" our girls, but for me and OH, though we always had the intention to use them on flights / long train journeys for the kids. The girls seem to use them more than us though! We didn't want to go for anything too pricey as we have had various incidences with phones such as iPhone in hot bath, iPhone in toilet and have left luggage on trains on at least three occasions that I can think of!

Have heard good things about the Hudl for kids too.

We have a tesco Hudl 2 and my 3 year old uses it all the time. I think they're really good value!

I have a Samsung one (not sure exactly which one it is) and Isaac seems to have claimed it as his own. Downloaded a lot of good games and Isaac finds it easy to use. =]

My kids have an iPad mini. It was actually not that bad price-wise. I was debating between the iPad and Kindle, and decided on the iPad since that's the tablet they use in the schools, so having one at home will get them familiar with it, and then we can get some of the same apps they use in school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->