Taking a step back - from TTC to NTNP

blueeyedgirl1

PALTTTCAL!
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've never frequented this section of the forum but feel I should start.

I had a MMC in December and am currently in my first "proper" cycle since it happened. I've had AF once, about 5 1/2 weeks after the ERPC. I'm now on CD21 and haven't had any signs of ovulation, I've been using OPKs, scrutinising my CM and poking at my cervix daily.

I've now come down with a killer cold/sinus infection and have some stressful times coming up (job interview and a big presentation all on the same day next week, we're buying a house, etc. etc.) and I've realised I need to calm down. I wouldn't be surprised if all the stress I'm having over not ovulating is actually causing it not to happen.

So I'm putting the OPKs away for a while, and I'll only give my cervix a check every once in a while (honest...). I wouldn't say I was quite TTCzilla yet, but I was on my way.

OH has insisted on NTNP from day one, but kind of just let me go ahead with peeing on sticks and telling him when to DTD as I gave him lots of good reasons & excuses (and especially after the MC he's been trying to keep me happy) but I'm now starting to annoy him with my constant talk about what my body isn't doing, etc. Need to take a step back to keep him happy, too!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Hi blueeyedgirl :flower:

I am kinda in the same boat, my new DH(we got married on Friday!) & I had been ttc since Feb 2010, we finally got our 1st BFP on 23rd of Dec but I miscarried at 8 weeks, the babys heart stopped & it was incomplete, so I had a d&c on Feb 2nd, I am still bleeding as I think I got an infection - Im on antibiotics, but once Im 'good to go' again we are going to take a much more laidback approach to it all.
I too drove dh up the wall, I became really obsesses with it all, & it caused a lot of arguements. It made BDing not as much fun as it should be.

Hopefully neither of us will have to wait too long for that super sticky BFP!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->