• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

taking flu jab during threatened miscarriage..could it make things worse?!

ripley13

Reaction score
Title says it all really! Only around 4/5 weeks pregnant but bleeding had on off bleeding for coming up to 2 weeks. Had hcg back and is 332 so they've gone up... Feel bit more positive.

Soo ... I was going to get the flu jab (I work with children so worried about colds and flu) but worried that it could make things worse? What are everyones opinion on this ..should I get it even though I'm not out of the woods yet? (got early scan booked Mon) thanks for any advice x

I have had the flu jab with this prgnancy and with DD and my daughter is fine and my little bean is fine as well. Personally I think you are safter to get it then not get it and catch the flu xx

Scaring myself by looking at Google!! If everything seemed fine now I wouldn't hesitate .. that's the silly thing!xx

You really cant listen to lay people's opinions on medical issues unfortunately - and yes google is scary! Trust the medical professionals who recommend the flu shot when you are pregnant. If you are worried call your doctor first or peace of mind :)

Normally trust them but the doctor who said yes also gave me wrong information on Tuesday.. So lost some of my confidence!

I had the Flu jab before Christmas when I was only a few weeks pregnant. I have since had every bloomin virus/cold/cough/lurgy going round but thankfully no Flu. I did get "flu like" symptoms for a few days about a week or so after when it kicked in, but like others say the benefits will outweigh the initial doubt.

I am 4 weeks pregnant and wondering if I should get the flu shot, I go to the doc on 2/6 and plan to ask him. I had the flu a few months ago... blah!

This years flu jab protects you from H1N1, which can cause pregnant women terrible trouble. It's highly recommended because the consequences are not worth it. If in doubt you can always look up the facts on the CDC, they also show the statistics and effects on pregnant ladies, children and elderly.

Horrible having the flu :-( Best that you ask your doctor .. think my doctors have had enough of me! A friend has agreed to ask her doctor for me!! Hasnt helped that thy gave me wrong info though! Got a scan booked in for Monday so don't know whether to wait until my pregnancy looks a bit more optimistic x

I see him in 2 weeks from tomorrow for the first time. I am thinking he will recommend me to get one, and I get one free with my husband working at Target. Hmmm... perhaps I can ask my pharmacist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->