"Taking it Easy"

Booga

Reaction score
I've got a little while before I start TTC or even NTNP, but I was just wondering: are any of you ladies just "taking it easy"? I mean, are you avoiding charting and temping and using OPKs? I'd like to go the stress-free route of not trying too hard and I was wondering if anyone else has tried or is trying this.

This is my 5th cycle and i decided to NTNP, because i was driving myself crazy peeing on every and any stick i could lol. I was checking cm and doing opks and i got so frustrated!I am a lot less stressed out hah! I hope your stay in TTC is short!Good luck and :dust:

Oh but i am still using preseed and softcups so we will see what happens!

thats the way me and my oh are going by it, it'd be too much stress if we started charting and its an easier way to be able to get it off our mind, we just bd every other day to make sure we bd during ov, only during the tww does it become hard because I turn into a poas nut lol

I've got a little while before I start TTC or even NTNP, but I was just wondering: are any of you ladies just "taking it easy"? I mean, are you avoiding charting and temping and using OPKs? I'd like to go the stress-free route of not trying too hard and I was wondering if anyone else has tried or is trying this.

Yes, I am. More or less.
We're having sex a lot more frequently than before, but other than that, we're not really doing anything... just trying to let nature take its course.
I've only been trying for a cycle and a half, and I've had two previous healthy pregnancies, so I've got no real reason to believe this will be terribly difficult... although of course there's always that fear in the back of my mind.

Maybe in a few months if we've had no luck I'll start charting and all that.

At first we did not do anything but have extra sex around ovulation time. After about 9 months of TTC, I started using preseed and OPKs to track my ovulation thinking maybe we were just missing it. It has now been 15 months and we are taking fertility drugs and doing IUI. So we definitely tried the "do nothing and hope it happens" route but it did not work for us. I can say that I never charted and never will...I just am not disciplined enough to take my temp every morning at the same time. Hehe.

Thank you all for your responses! OH and I will definitely start :sex: more often once we get really serious about TTC, and I don't think he'll oppose! :haha: However, I'm okay with simply NTNP until the end of the year, and whatever happens, happens!

My DH and I NTNP for about 7 months, now I chart and track.

We started of NTNP, which meant not even paying attention to ovulation time. But after about 9 months of that, I started charting/temping and BD on and around O day. And the last 2 months I used OPKs. We're on month 12 of not protecting, and 3 months of TRYING HARD! So we started off very "carefree", but it has turned into a more "calculated" mission as I'm an old lady and don't have a lot time to catch the egg. :rofl:

Best wishes and lots of babydust to you!

Cycle One = I did everything, spent hours on the internet researching, charted everything, started setting my alarm for 6:45 even on weekends so that I could take my temp, used OPK's and started testing from 7dpo (stupid I know!!)

Cycle Two = This is going to be alot different - already I don't look on here as often as I did last cycle, I still temp but not going to worry about CP and will only chart CM if I see it when I wipe as for testing I will still be using OPK's but know roughly when my OV day is through charting so only doing it to confirm and have booked us a nice weekend away so we can relax and enjoy the :sex:

I am hoping the 2ww wont be as bad as the last and that I can hold out to do a HPT test as I really really want to wait and test on Valentines day :D

I can assure you the first month of trying, it is very hard not to get your hopes up and symptom spot alot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->