Taking it out on eldest because baby is ill.

littlemiss83

Mum of 2
Reaction score
I feel terrible, my eldest is 7 & her wee brother...4 months hasn't been well, blue/choking issues with reflux. I feel like whenever she asks me something or whatever its never at the right time. My WHOLE day is taken up by baby. I sometimes have literally no time for her. This morning I wanted a longer lie but LO wanted up, so I fed him then made a coffee & cereal & just shut the kitchen door when she came wandering thro looking for her b/fast she gave me such a fright i spilt my coffee & shouted at her that she always wants things at the wrong times ect, It was terrible. I feel soooooo bad. I've had a few wee rants at her today & I just kinda go on & on, not shouting in a loud voice but telling her off quite alot.

Uch....I feel terrible

:wacko:

I know this feeling well..I was the same still am sometimes, Only thing I can say is it does get easier as baby gets older to spend time together. I would suggest going out just you and your eldest for even an hour so she can have your undivided attention. Once baby is a bit older and bedtime is established you should be able to have at least half hr together on an evening too. Just try to say that baby wont take as much time as he is now forever just for a few more months. Dont feel too bad we all do it xx

I can very much relate! I have a 7 year old son and a 4 month old son!

I can imagine that your 7 year old has very much been your world; mine certainly has! The new baby takes a lot of attention, and well, I'm not exactly "young" and sometimes there isn't much energy left!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->