taking pills for thrush... fluconazole

T

Toms Mummy

Has amyone taken this medicine whilst breastfeeding?.... Im on a 10 day course of it but im only on day 6 and its causing painful wind and massive explosive runny poos in lo which are painful before passing!... Im considering cutting the treatment short!

I haven't but I know a lot of mums who have. Not sure if they experienced these symptoms but if your LO also has thrush and it has got into their digestive system-it too can cause similar symptoms to what you have described in which case it would probably be wise to finish the course and any other treatment you have been prescribed for them too xx

Finish the course!!!!! And lo should be on treatment too probably. Thrush can be a devil

Thank you!.... My midwife did say that thrush can cause wind in babies! She has a gel for her mouth and I have cream for my nipples aswell as the pills. Shes also been on nystatyn medecine and has a steroid for her bum. It definately is a bitch!

I took fluconazole for thrush and didn't notice any of these symptoms. I think you should definitely finish the course though. Thrush is nasty, you don't want to mess around with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->