talk to me about leappads/innotabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reid

mom of 1
Reaction score
So I've been looking into both these and other children's tablets for my 3 year old son's Xmas. I'm swaying more towards the leapfrog leappad ultra dose anyone have this for there child what do you think of it.
I don't at the age of 3 want to buy him a proper iPad or whatever which some folk have suggested I personally would rather have something more age appropriate.
Would love to hear for mummy's who's kids have kids tablets thanx x

can't comment on leappads but my 4 yo got an innotab last xmas. he loves it. personally i think you can get a better range of games for the innotabs (or what i have saw anyways)

The girls are 4 and have the innotab 3s and love them. Don't have any experience with leappad to compare them with x

My DS has a leap pad and to be honest I wish I had gone with the innotab. As a previous post says there is more games and they seem to be less expensive.

I bought DD the first innotab last Xmas but sold it and replaced it with the leappad ultra. I much prefer the leappad ultra, it has a bigger screen (the innotab screen was just too small )and seems much more responsive and easier to use. I like the games and the content and have had no probs with the range of games available. I never pay more than £10 for a game when on sale on amazon and they have good resale value on ebay.

I bought DD an innotab. In the version she had, you had to use regular batteries and it drained it so fast she could only use it for a few minutes at a time.

Last year I got her the XO tablet which is an android tablet meant for kids which is very age appropriate and she loved it. We were happy with that.

We have the innotab 3. Its fab. Callum loves it. Most games are a tenner and it has a great selection. You can download other games as well (which are cheaper). We bought a charger for it to save on batteries so thats been good, was only a few quid. No experience with the leappad xx

My kids have leappad ultras. They really enjoy them. They are really sturdy and have even survived being dropped down the stairs onto our tiled floor.

The games can work out expensive but the download cards get reduced on amazon quite regularly so i just check for them every now and again.

The innotab was a big flop for us. We bought it for DS's second birthday in January and he gets so frustrated with it because he's used to the responsiveness of our tablets and phones. The touch screen on the innotab isn't good at all, the console as a whole relies too much on the physical buttons, and the display doesn't rotate every time you want it to, which is a pain. Also not bring able to get his favourite apps or audio books or movies on it was disappointing (you can put videos on it via a memory card but the formatting is difficult and I found it hit and miss whether they would play, and picture quality poor). He's getting an android tablet for Christmas this year!

DS1 has an innotab. He got it when he was around 2 1/2 I think. For the longest time I thought it was a total waste of money, as he preferred to play on my kindle or phone, since they are much more responsive and quicker. He also struggled for a while with the actual games being either too easy, therefore boring, or too hard if he tried to go to the next level. There really wasn't an in between level. It was beginner or advanced. He's 4 yrs old now, and has actually all of a sudden started wanting to play the games on it a lot lately. I think he just may have been too young for it before to really get the instructions to the games (they explain at the beginning of the game what to do), and didn't understand why it wasn't as responsive either. Now he knows he just needs to give it a little more time than my phone. I'm actually shocked at this sudden interest in it, and glad it is finally getting some use for all the money that was put into games, rechargeable batteries, etc.

Having said all that, if I could go back, I would have just gotten him his own tablet, and put parental controls on it. I think he enjoys playing the educational games on my kindle much more than his innotab, because they respond so quickly to his touch. And kindle games are free or only a few dollars, whereas the innotab games cost me $25 a piece.

We have leappad ultra and both girls love it!

Excellent ladies thanx for replying
I've reserved the leappad ultra to get on the 3 for 2 at argos it's down in price to £67 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"