Tall Maternity Clothes UK

wegle

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone have any recommendations for tall maternity clothes shops in the UK. I'm really struggling to find trousers and jeans in particular. It seems that most shops think that a 33 inch inside leg is tall. I need at least a 36 inch inside leg. Most of the places I buy my jeans normally have a tall range but they don't seem to carry over to their maternity range. I guess tall people shrink when they get pregnant! :haha:

Anyway if anyone knows any good place please let me know.

Maternity shopping in the UK is pants full stop :dohh: Nowhere sells it in store, everything is mail order, and generally frumptastic.

32" leg here so not as tall as you, a tall leg is long enough, but damned if I can buy anything except mail order, and haven't found a pair of maternity jeans that stay up/don't cut into my modest 20 week bump.

I fully expect to wear leggings for the next 20 weeks :haha:

It's so frustrating!! Leggings will be perfect for at home or the weekends but I have to wear jeans at work so I really need a decent pair. I have just ordered some belly belts/bands to hopefully get a bit more life out of my normal jeans!

Have you tried looking at Dutch brands, they tend to cater better for taller women? Bumpalicious or Noppies maybe would have something for you (sometimes I buy stuff when I'm working over there, but haven't tried their maternity).

The other problem with UK maternitywear for me (and I wear quite dressy stuff in my job) is the normal brands I wear to work like Phase Eight, Kaliko, Planet, don't do maternity, it's cheapo shops like H&M which inevitably skimp on the sizing/fit and quality, and aren't the kind of clothes I can wear to work anyway.

I did look at Isabella Oliver, but that tends to be quite skintight and clingy, again not the look I'd want professionally. Seraphine seems a bit better, but I think their long is a 32", maybe worth checking.

Have you tried next ? They have a long leg 34 and extra long leg 36

Next xl are good. I usually struggle for length but their long ones are perfect for me so extra long must be really long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->