Tampons or pads

lovehearts

Reaction score
Hi,

I know its a weird question but i have always always used tampons,pretty much since i started my periods when i was younger. When i MC i used pads.

Im waiting for my first AF after my mc and i just wondered if i should use pads again?? what did you all use for your first AF after MC?

xxxx

i've used tampons during mc and after, haven't used pads since 7th grade

I was advised that during MC bleed you should wear pads as tampons can cause infection. However when you get your AF after mc you can start using tampons again as long as you use the right absorbancy for the level of bleed.

Ihve always used tampons since I was 12 so when I had to wear these massive pads during my MC's I hated it! When I got my first AF after my first MMC I had bought tampons however the AF was that light that I barely needed a pad, let alone a tampon so I just used a panty liner.

i use tampons during mc and sometimes pads but i cant stand pads
i just hate the feeling of them like just sitting there, if u catch my drift... haha

thank you. I used them for my mc bleed as i thought i was advised to at the hospital. I hate pads with a passion too - feels like im wearing a nappy. I live in thongs and i hate having to wear pants :rofl: Perhaps if i use tampons for work and then when im home use a pad - i guess ill just have to see how the bleed is. CUM ON WITCH!!

XXX

im on my second cycle post d&c and this period and the last i havent been able to use tampons. I would insert a tampon, take it out 4 hours later and there would be no blood...so id think my body was all messed up but then the next time id go to the restroom id be bleeding again. idk how it was for everyone else but i prefer to use pads now :)

hope that helped :flower:

I have also used tampons also, but was told not told after my D&C. I'm kind of afraid to after I get my first cycle but I haven't been told it wasn't okay to. Just make sure you don't leave them in too long.
I'll probably use pads though (as much as i hate hate hate them) until at least my second period post-D&C.

Thanx - I didn't have a D and C so I'm hoping my cycle will be pretty normal. Xxx

I was told that while bleeding after D&C to use pads (I hate the things!!! lol) and i could use tampons from next AF onwards x

I got my first AF two days ago after my D&C. After D&C they said to use a pad, so I did. I normally use tampons too.

This AF though is so heavy that (TMI) its soaking thru a super tampon in like an hour. So I am going to stick with pads until it goes away.

You should never use tampons during the actual miscarriage bleeding as the cervix is open and it's a high risk of infection.

Once you get your first period tampons are fine and I was totally relieved to be able to - I detest pads.

Yeah, I think the only risk is if you have a D&C. Its just because of the risk of infection since your cervix is completely opened up.

I think cycles after natural MC pick up more quickly.

You should never use tampons during the actual miscarriage bleeding as the cervix is open and it's a high risk of infection.

Once you get your first period tampons are fine and I was totally relieved to be able to - I detest pads.

Oh really I didn't know that. Good to know. Do you know if its even completely open the whole time, even during natural MC?

I destest pads as well.

PADS SUX........... I cannot stand using them--- big ole thang making me feel like I got doopie draws but going thru my 2nd MC so I have too :(

But I have ALWAYS used tampons since I can remember

I used tampons after my D&C, given I bled for 12 days and was really heavy I can't stand pads :(

What are your thoughts on using tampons and clotting? The last 6 months I've had low progesterone and I've been getting more clots. :(

I get clots normally - not loads just a few and i normally wear tampons. Didnt ever really think about it tbh. xx

I was told that I should not use tampons after my mc or during my first AF due to the increased risk of infection. I wasn;t overjoyed at that news as I hate using pads but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be however I did have very minimal bleeding.

I went back to using tampons after I'd had that first AF though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->