Tandem Feeders?

TheNewMrs

Reaction score
Hi Mamas,
So my darling 22month old is still nursing and I'm 39wks pregnant.... I guess I'll be tandem feeding!

Anyone any advice for the early days of tandeming?

No longer tandeming here, but my tips would be to drink LOADS! It's easy to forget, but makes a huge difference to how you'll feel. Some people prefer to let the newborn nurse first before the milk comes in, but I'm not sure how necessary that is. Having the older one take the edge off after the milk arrives is a godsend, especially if like me, you have a fast let down/oversupply.

You'll get an idea for what works for you. Some people allocate a boob per child, some alternate each feed. You can experiment with nursing at the same time, or you might find it easier to nurse them separately. How often does your toddler nurse at the moment? If they've cut down, be prepared that they might start wanting to feed more than the newborn!

Good luck! It's a wonderful thing to be able to do, and amazing for their sibling bond. Enjoy it :D

Expect your toddler to increase their feeds a lot from what they are now. Suddenly the boobies are abundant with milk, and mummy has them out to feed that baby thing a lot. It becomes a fun new game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->