Tattoos

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
I have a lovely tattoo on my belly, to the left near the bone and have just realised it may get a little stretched :dohh: as my pregnancy progresses. Anyone else got a tattoo there and what happend to it?

My sister has two tattoos, one on either side, near the bones. She had her first baby in February and both tattoos got CRAZY stretch marks going through them. Once they heal some more she has to go back to get the coloring redone cause they are a LOT lighter now in the stretched areas.

Oh, My friend has one on the right side. It was a rose, but after 3 kids, its now a blob...LOL sorry....:) But like I said, that was after 3

This is why I waited until I was done having kids to get my tattoo. (I don't have it yet.) I couldn't find a place that didn't worry me. I was worried about my back because of wanting an epidural. My breasts were out of the question because I breastfeed. My butt - FORGET ABOUT IT! lol Hopefully your's won't stretch too bad and it will turn out okay.

Good luck!

That's why I got a tramp stamp. I figured the spine is the only place on my body that wouldn't stretch with pregnancy.

My 4 are on my forearms. One on each top and one on each inside.

That's why I got a tramp stamp. I figured the spine is the only place on my body that wouldn't stretch with pregnancy.

I thought about the "tramp stamp" but that's the one I was worried would mess with my epidural. Is there any truth to that, Holldoll?

It's not true about the tattoo on the back- it doesn't matter at ALL. I have a larger tattoo on my back. As far as the original question- the truth about tattoos stretching is that everyone is different. I've seen plenty of women with stomach tattoos that look PERFECT after having a baby, and others that look horrible! It just depends on your skin! Some of us stretch out all to hell, and some of us don't! You won't know for sure until it's over honey! Just try your best to keep you tattoo well-moisturized! Good luck!:hugs:

Well I'm using all the lotion I possibly can. Just have to hope.

Ive got one on my belly...

https://b0.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00513/01/74/513754710_l.jpg

but I havent had a baby yet, so Ive no idea how its going to go.I cant imagine it coming off too well.

I was going to wait, but I was in acar crash that killed three of my friends, and on the one yr anniversary of it I decided to get the tattoo done in respect and my tummy was the only place I could think of! I never really saw myself having a baby.

Who knew :)

xxx

I stuck to having one on my ankle and the other on my shoulder blade.

I have one close to my hip bone.

My bump is so big that its stretched slightly miss-coloured and now has stretchmarks too.

Dosent look to pretty but im not too bothered. It might go back to looking slightly more normal when bubs is born and if i was that bothered I could always get it patched up and re-coloured later on in life. Its not like I walk round with my tattoo on show and the only person to see it is Chris and when we go on holiday next year i'll probs be too bothered worrying about what my tum will look like with a bikini on than worrying about a tattoo.

errmm.. i've got one on my "lady part" :blush: and i have NO idea how or why, but it stretched... and it looks quite weird. the colour is much lighter in some areas and the ribbon is a lot larger than it used to be. oopsies!

Do you know if they can tattoo over stretch marks?

Im thinking of getting my back tattoo extended round to my belly once i lose the weight, but i have old silver marks from the other kids...would be nice for the tattoo to cover them up lol

x

Yes, you can tattoo over them but it's a ton more painful. I've tattooed over a stretchmark and OUCHIE! But it looks much better than having a little line there.

I cant see why not Layla??

I'd have thought so? Xx

Yeah you can get tattooed over stretchmarks, unless they're TOO bad (which would have to be pretty bad). I was thinking after I'm done having kids, I might get flames tattooed over my stretch marks for the hell of it, lol. Thinkin I might as well make 'em pretty!:rofl:

Yeah i have a tatoo there. It stretched abit during my pregnancy but has now returned back to normal, no stretchmarks. But im guessing everyone is different- Just depends on your skins elasticity. x

I think that most peoples skin has enough elasticity that if it is only in a spot that gets bigger, and doesn't get stretch marks, it will go back to its normal size and shape, for the most part. I have 4 tattoos, and one is on my hip. I also have one in my lower back (tramp stamp...) and one on the far side of my back. The other is on my leg, so that shouldn't be affected. My hip has grown, but haven't noticed anything different in the tattoo. Also, I gained some weight before I got pregnant, and I haven't noticed any difference in them. Theres SO many people with tattoos these days! I think its great that its totally acceptable for girls to get them! Every time my dad sees a new one, I get the same lecture. And the use of my middle name. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->