Tdap..

lisaalove

Reaction score
I totally forgot till just now I'm getting my Tdap today now I'm super nervous. (I'm terrified of shots!) I'm trying to be positive but I'm such a little baby when it comes to things like needles. I can't stand the way they feel they hurt and everything about them gives me the heeby jeebies. :(

I just had mine at 30 weeks! I am not a fan of needles at all either. I found the actual shot didn't hurt at all. My arm was sore for like 3 days after once I woke up the next morning, but like I had been punched or worked out hard. So not bad! You can do it!! It is so worth it to protect your lo!

I just had mine at 30 weeks! I am not a fan of needles at all either. I found the actual shot didn't hurt at all. My arm was sore for like 3 days after once I woke up the next morning, but like I had been punched or worked out hard. So not bad! You can do it!! It is so worth it to protect your lo!

When I had gotten it with DS1 it hurt a LOT more from what I remember. This time I literally didn't feel it at all. Though just like you my arm is super sore, it feels like it'sbruised! But ddeffinately worth it!

Me too! I got it in 2013 and I remember it hurting. This time, nothing! Maybe they changed it?

i just got mine this morning! my arm is sooooooooo sore as if i just got it a min ago. not to worry though! i feel totally better overall knowing my baby girl will be that much more protected from bad stuff when she arrives!

I kept forgetting and finally got mine on Friday. Just look away while they're "shooting you up" and you will hardly feel the needle in your arm. I did get the bruised feeling though and a fever the day after, but I'm fine today! Good luck :flower:

Never heard of this, can someone explain?

Tdap is a shot they recommend you getting every pregnancy in the third tri. It protects the baby from whooping cough. It is highly recommended since there have been so many outbreaks recently and it is really bad for an infant to get it.

It is also recommended for the dad, babysitter, grandparents, etc... Or anyone that will be around baby a lot to get it. This way baby is very well protected!

Never heard of this, can someone explain?

It's a shot given between I believe 32 and 36 wweeks I and it's to provide immunization for the baby (mostly, though you obviously get the immunization as well) for tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough)

Is this in the USA? Wow never heard of it, haven't had a baby in years tho!

I've had my shot last weekend. I had a warm red spot on my arm for a couple of days, but the shot itself didn't hurt.

USA and the UK! I am in the USA though and have had it this pregnancy and last. I think it is a new recommendation, maybe within the last 5 years due to the outbreaks!

USA and the UK! I am in the USA though and have had it this pregnancy and last. I think it is a new recommendation, maybe within the last 5 years due to the outbreaks!

What she said ^ though I did also get it with my last in 2010 so 5 years sounds about right to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->