Teacher gifts

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
What are you buying your LO’s teachers?
I had ordered a large Yankee Candle jar for Rio’s main teacher but have just ordered a Yankee Candle Advent Calendar too and now I’m thinking I might get Rio to take his teacher’s gift in ready for 1st December and give her one of those instead. But is that a weird gift?
Also, what Can I get the helpers?! There’s 4 of them all in and out different days during the week. Any suggestions welcome :)

I usually just get a nice box of chocolates. I'm so unoriginal! :haha:

I think thats a lovely gift.
Bottle of wine or chocolates here... there's just so many...i think last year I bought 9 with TA etc. X

Nothing
I have two in school this year so between two school trips that are £10 each, money for christmas play costumes, money for tickets for said play, christmas fayre, school photos, its just not doable to buy 4 presents for 2 teachers and 2 ta's

i feel so awkward about this because i'm not sure who is all in DD's room at nursery all the time, so i don't want to miss anyone out! :wacko:

Kids want to do chocolate sleighs again. I want to get dds teachers something special though because they have been amazing with her. Not sure what though.

I'm not sure either.
I work closely with my DD nursery and their are 8 staff total, so like to get them a little something from me as well as DD

DD1 has a teacher and two TAs.

Thinking keyrings and maybe DDs can colour a picture. I try and keep away from wine and chocolate as they always seem to get that lol

There's so many teachers and TAs I usually just get a dozen Krispy Kremes and send that in.

Last year, DD1 stayed in nursery (didn't want to put her in reception as we were moving and wanted to keep her with who she knew until we moved), there was 8 teachers all together. We bought a tub of celebrations to share and replaced an ornament which somebody had stolen (it was a Feng Shui dragon and tortoise they had for luck).

This year, we will either get a candle or Lush set for her Year 1 teacher.

A gift card for the teacher and for the helper. I did a google search and found some teacher forums and got ideas from there.

Just ordered some wooden christmas tree decorations from baker ross. The girls can colour those in and give to their teachers with a card.

When lo was leaving nursery there were 8 staff in his room. They were all fantastic with him so wanted to give to everyone, not just his keyworker. I had ceramic pens from making Santa plates. I bought 8 plain white ceramic mugs from Sainsburys (99p each). I handcut a stencil of each staff member's initial and stuck it on with blu tak and used a pen to dot around it. On the other side I drew a hanging tea bag tag and wrote their name on. On the bottom I wrote Love Ben. They were popped in oven to seal the ink and lo filled plastic cone bags with sweets to put inside. They went down really well, and lo was able to be involved. Heres the idea

https://www.mainlyhomemade.com/crafts/make-sharpie-mugs/

For his teacher Ive bought a bigger mug as she loves hot choc. Ill write her name on and do a wee design. I was in at Sainsburys and got something that looks just like this

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNnF0LKx0tcCFRSs7Qod_bcPcw

Was only a fiver and looks so cute. Ill get lo to make a card and maybe pick up a yankee candle to go along with it. Ill be unoriginal and send in biscuits and chocs for staff room.

I make a donation through Oxfam Unwrapped in the teachers name and they send a card out to the teacher.

Me and ds make shedloads of gingerbread biscuits in Christmas shapes and put them in Tupperware boxes wrapped with Christmas ribbon for teachers + TAs and a couple of the neighbours (used to be all of them, then gradually they've mostly all pissed me off at some point over the years so now it's down to two) :haha:

When lo was leaving nursery there were 8 staff in his room. They were all fantastic with him so wanted to give to everyone, not just his keyworker. I had ceramic pens from making Santa plates. I bought 8 plain white ceramic mugs from Sainsburys (99p each). I handcut a stencil of each staff member's initial and stuck it on with blu tak and used a pen to dot around it. On the other side I drew a hanging tea bag tag and wrote their name on. On the bottom I wrote Love Ben. They were popped in oven to seal the ink and lo filled plastic cone bags with sweets to put inside. They went down really well, and lo was able to be involved. Heres the idea

https://www.mainlyhomemade.com/crafts/make-sharpie-mugs/

For his teacher Ive bought a bigger mug as she loves hot choc. Ill write her name on and do a wee design. I was in at Sainsburys and got something that looks just like this

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNnF0LKx0tcCFRSs7Qod_bcPcw

Was only a fiver and looks so cute. Ill get lo to make a card and maybe pick up a yankee candle to go along with it. Ill be unoriginal and send in biscuits and chocs for staff room.

Ceramic pens! Spent half the day trying to figure out how i can transfer a quote onto a mug. Will do this for dds teachers and get her to draw a picture of them. Thank you.

I usually get something from the body shop but last year I got costa vouchers and I think that's a nice idea

We usually make something for the teacher and the ta and then if there are lots of extra adults I send in a collection of chocolates and biscuits for everybody. We’ve made reindeer jars and filled them with chocolates and reindeer noses one year and last year we made reindeer faces out of flower pots and filled those with chocolates. This year ds1 wants to make Father Christmas flowerpots and fill those with chocolates so we will see how they turn out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->