Teacher gifts

c1403

Reaction score
Hey all

I never know what to get my kids teachers. One mum in my youngest class suggested a collection for the teacher and TA to get them a voucher or something so I've suggested it for DD1s class too (and they want me to sort it out ha ha
I think this is a fab idea as I never know what to get them (may make them a small wooden decoration too).

Anyway, have any of you guys done this sort of thing. Would you just collect cash from parents or do you know of any app or something we can use to put all the money together and then buy the vouchers?

Thanks C

Grinch over here but most years I don’t tend to buy for teachers at Christmas just depends on funds.
My work (I work in a school) said last year staff were not allowed to accept gifts any more and any gifts given in would have to be handed over for school raffles or left in the staff room to be shared.

Grinch over here but most years I don’t tend to buy for teachers at Christmas just depends on funds.
My work (I work in a school) said last year staff were not allowed to accept gifts any more and any gifts given in would have to be handed over for school raffles or left in the staff room to be shared.

That's a bit mean. I work in an office and get guvrn gifts, why not if the person wants to give them. I don't think our school have the same rules as yours thankfully.

That's a bit mean. I work in an office and get guvrn gifts, why not if the person wants to give them. I don't think our school have the same rules as yours thankfully.

I know we said the same. They said it’s because parents feel obligated to even if they can’t afford it but I think that’s daft. I’ve never felt like I’ve had to. If I have the money to do so I will but if not then I don’t worry and kids will make a nice card for them.

I usually get chocolates but it's so predictable and they probably get so many!
A collection is a good idea. Maybe a nice ornamanet :)

PayPal allow you to do a group fund thing but can't remember what it's called and don't know any details so not sure if that's helpful.

I'm also a Grinch though and don't buy for teachers at Christmas. They include them in cards and that's it. I only ever buy at the end of the school year if they've had a particularly lovely teacher as well.

Last year the room mom for my dds class took up a collection for a gift card. She sent a letter home explaining what she was doing and asked that anyone who wished to donate to put the money in a sealed envelope with her name on it and send it to school in our child's folder.

This year I'll be getting her teacher a gift card myself since we're not doing a group thing. I work in a school and we all love gift cards. (as long as they aren't pricey) Of course nothing is ever expected and anything someone took the time to make or buy is appreciated. My favorite gift is a homemade card made by the student, or even a short note written on scrap paper. I treasure those things.

DD1 has a male teacher this year so should be fun.

DD2 has about 5 teachers but one of her main teachers (works 3/5) is going on maternity beginning of December :( so won't be able to give anything to her.

Someone did this for a teacher leaving and did a cash collection outside at hometimes after approaching the parents at hometimes.

I'm not getting my DS's teachers anything this year, he doesn't attend class and I've met one twice and haven't met the other lol. He has 1:1 staff he works closely with though, his main one will get her favourite chocolates and something small and I'll get the other some chocolates probably, they do amazing work and I like to give them a wee something! This is DD's first year of school and she has two teachers, I haven't really met one and the other I mostly know as she works with DS outside of school and even then I've not met her much haha. I'll probably just do them both a card alongside the class cards as I never see them due to pick-up arrangements. :shrug:

Last edited:
We don’t usually do Xmas gifts in our school just end of year gifts for the teachers !

I normally just get them a bottle of wine or something like that, or a box of chocolates, the kids like to make a handmade christmas card although we don't always do this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->