Team Yellow?!

xforuiholdonx

Momma to Emma and Coltin!
Reaction score
So we have been debating on whether or not to find out the sex of this little one, as it's our third and we've never had that surprise.
Who else is staying team yellow? How are you buying things? Like I know there is a lot of gender neutral things, but what is everyone doing about clothing?

Our third too and as we have two boys we are going to have a suprise for once and see if we get our girl. It will be our last time so might aswell experience that suprise! I am finding it hard as all sites just have girl or boy sections

This is my 4th baby and iv found out with my last three, this time I intended to stay team yellow but then I changed my mind and wanted to find out because I don't like neutral stuff, but at the 20 week scan baby had its legs shut so I couldn't find out anyway lol so now we are team yellow, if I'm honest I much preferred finding out, with my last three by now I was excited buying the right colour clothes and picking the names etc, this time I hate baby clothes shopping because I don't like the neutral stuff out there!! So I'm buying as little as possible until baby is here and then getting the right colours, but iv had to buy neutral bouncers, play gym and bedding which I begrudged buying lol!! Also I'm struggling searching names because it seems a waste if I search so hard for say a boy name and then I have a girl! I just liked finding out more, but I may change my mind when I give birth and actually find out my surprise, I might realise how fun it is being team yellow lol

I've just bought a few oufits and will stock up on plain white onesies before baby is due, I've hardly bought anything as I only like white or white/grey clothing :dohh:

We will stay team yellow and were last time and I love not knowing. I just bought a few basic white clothes last time and will do the same again. We soon got given loads of girl clothes so it wasn't a problem. I loved her in white when she was very tiny, it just looked so pure and new!

Currently i am still in team yellow.. should be able to know gender in another 3 days time.. so excited!

Team yellow here for the first time, last baby so if we don't do it this time we'll never get chance again. We have 2 girls already and have kept most of the baby equipment and clothes from them. The bigger items we have (bouncer, gym, small crib bedding etc) are neutral anyway. My plan with clothes is to make sure we have enough neutral clothes for the first week or so but also to wash all the girls 0-6 month stuff we have so its ready to be reused straight away if we have a girl. If we have a boy it can be sold/donated and we'd likely buy some boy stuff asap! ;)

I have tried to stay team yellow but finding it hard to stay that way=/ scan is Sept 10th and DH will be finding out for sure and I am still in limbo...

I stayed team yellow the first time and we just bought neutral colours like white, yellow and light green. Once baby was born we bought more gender specific things.

I was team yellow with my first baby and liked it so much that i'm doing it again. I bought gender neutral items and clothes, so a lot of white and light green, some yellow, some grey, some red, some animal themed. But i also feel that babies look adorable in anything, and boys don't always have to be in blue and girls don't always have to be in pink lol. Just don't buy a whole lot as once you know the gender you can always buy more gender specific clothes :)

Im team yellow for the second time :yellow:
I love it :happydance:
Iv bought essentials in neutral colours and I have bought unisex babygrows. Except for 1 pink outfit and 1 blue outfit to leave hospital.
I find if people dont know the gender before hand then they pay more interest once baby is here and buy a nice little outfit so their wardrobe will fill up with colour pretty fast! - Not that this should be your sole reason for being team yellow!!!
Plus... shopping spreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee either online or in the shops once your upto it! X

This will be out one and only child, and we are team yellow. I am not purchasing any new clothes, but I went to a second hand store and bought all their gender neutral onesies and sleepers. Then I purchased off of Kijiji (like Craigslist) two boxes of clothes from a couple that had boy/girl twins, so I have some items that are gender specific, although most of the clothes (aside from dresses) could still be used for either gender. Other baby items are easy to buy gender neutral since I'm not into pink anyways. There's lots of color in the baby items I have bought, green/yellow/blue/red are mainly what I go for.

This is our 3rd baby, and the 1st time that we've stayed Team Yellow. Like a few of you have already said, this will be our last baby and so we might as well get to experience finding out at birth to see what it's like. We thought we were done at 2 so our surprise baby is going to remain a surprise right until the end! I'm desperate to know, but I know I'll regret it if we cave in and find out.

We have a boy and a girl already, and our youngest is 1 next month, so we still have most of the large items that we need. We've still got all our other childrens clothes as well, so my plan is to have enough neutral stuff to last a week - 10 days, wash a few bits of boy and girl clothing beforehand, and then once here we'll wash all of the rest of the clothes for the right gender. We'll sell the others and buy them a few new outfits that are theirs only and haven't been preloved by their brother or sister!

Were team yellow too, ive just bought enough in neutral to last the first week or so + 1 boy , 1 girl outfit for coming home . Ive had 4 boys so have plenty of clothing i'll wash and use if we have a boy , if its a girl i will be going shopping asap :)

So far we've picked out a crib, crib set, and swing. I think we are going with a grey/yellow them and the bedding set is cute little owls!
😍

This is our third but I absolutely have to find out!
We've found out with all of ours and never regretted it, it's helped us get much more organised and it helps me bond with baby too! We find out on Friday with this one!

I'm sure if you can wait it's a fantastic feeling but I think meeting your baby is enough of a surprise on birth day and finding out gender is something exciting I can do now :) xxx

This is my fourth and we've remained on team yellow for every single one of them!

I actually buy newborn and 3 month sized outfits for both genders. But I typically only buy from thrift stores or yard sales so so don't spend a lot. I'll probably only purchase 2-3 new outfits right away. The rest, if not needed, I can easily make my money back on by reselling once baby is born. Though, last time all of the small clothes just ended up going to my daughters baby doll collection.

Last time I also online shopped for items I wanted before baby was born and kept a list of the boy stuff and the girl stuff that I wanted. some stores conveniently let's you keep items in your virtual cart indefinitely. That way when baby was born all I had to do was remove the gendered items that no longer applied from my cart and go on through to the check out. Fast and easy. I plan to do the same this time around.

i am leaving team yellow and moving over to team blue~

Team yellow here too! Found out with our first 3 kids, and our last baby was team yellow until 31w until a slip up from the sonographer.

We're team yellow, this is our first baby. Can't wait for the suprise. We plan on getting all big furniture in gender neutral as will want to use again in the future when we have another. We have been buying creams, whites animal prints clothes will get enough to last 7-10 day and will then order online. I'm sure once baby here family and friends will buy gender percific clothes too.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->