Tear healing? Infection? Sick?

Rhapsodi

Reaction score
I am 11 days postpartum. I had a second degree tear that my mw stitched up. I haven't needed any pain meds as it's been tolerable.

However yesterday I was on my feet a lot and by the afternoon I was in pain. Ibprophen isn't helping. I iced it last night. Still super sore. Today my lower an hurts too. Not crampy but actually hurts. I'm tempted to use my pain meds

Is this typical in healing process or should I go to the dr? Can I wait to call Mw Monday?

I think I remember this happening to me and my doctor saying it was very likely based on "overdoing it" with being active. Did you have any change in the lochia? I think I had a bit more at the same time as well. I do remember the pain being off and on. If there is an after hours number you can call, I'm sure it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to call if you are worried.

I had this! I was driving day after birth but found in the first two weeks, I knew when I had overdone it and I just used pain meds when I felt I needed them! Now at 3 weeks pp, my body is used to me overdoing it lol!

By the way if you have an infection the smell of your lochia will change. It should smell like raw meat (sorry, that's the only way I know how to describe it). A fishy, STRONG odor (my OB described it like "you will wonder if your neighbors can smell it") is a big warning sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->