• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teat flow

OwlBump

Hubby, Son and Bump
Reaction score
The HV was asking me about how long my LO takes to feed and how much he has etc, which is 7-8oz and it usually takes about 25 minutes

She said at his age 5 months "he shouldn't take that long go up a teat size" but ever since he was 3 months old we've been trying this and he just chokes abit and spits it out then won't feed unless we go back down.

She seemed certain I should just stick to the size 2s but I'm going against advice? He's not happy feeding on a 2

When did you change from a size 1 (slow flow, from birth teat etc)

My answer when I changed is not relevant because my LO was on thickened milk but I will say stick to what YOU think is best. Seems 1 is good for now even if it takes longer for your LO to drink a bottle.

My LO is now still on level 2 teats for his bedtime bottle at 19 months because that's what suits him better.

Ignore the HV.

When my daughter was 2 months. She was fighting feeds and not feeding well in general. I changed teats and she's been feeding much better since.
You know your baby ignore hv and go with what feels right :)

Ladies my little one has started refusing feeds & crying when i try to put the bottke in her mouth. She has been chocking on her milk for quite some time but only just started refusing it. She last ate at 12midnight & has only has 2-3oz since. She just doesn't seem to want to take her milk anymore.
She's on aptimal comfort milk so slightly thicker, so we have to use vary flow or fast flow teats.
I am now considering putting her back on aptimal 1st milk & trying her on teat 1 or 2. What do you ladies think xx

Ladies my little one has started refusing feeds & crying when i try to put the bottke in her mouth. She has been chocking on her milk for quite some time but only just started refusing it. She last ate at 12midnight & has only has 2-3oz since. She just doesn't seem to want to take her milk anymore.
She's on aptimal comfort milk so slightly thicker, so we have to use vary flow or fast flow teats.
I am now considering putting her back on aptimal 1st milk & trying her on teat 1 or 2. What do you ladies think xx

You could try but it sounds a bit like reflux? Any other reflux symptoms?

Is she teething?

You could try but it sounds a bit like reflux? Any other reflux symptoms?

Is she teething?

Thank you yeh she's had reflux since being tiny but I thought it had passed. She was prescribed infant gaviscon. it helped for a month or so then seamed to do nothing so i stopped it. maybe i should get her back on that. Is there anything else you can do for reflux. Poor thing most be so hungry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->