Teeth grinding. ...can someone help me?

Smille24

Reaction score
Last year my 5 year old started grinding her teeth while sleeping. Some weeks it rarely happens, some weeks it's moderate and others it's out of control (especially if she has a cold). I took her to the dentist and he stated that she is way too young for a mouth guard as it is a choking hazard. I am at my wits end and so concerned. Although her teeth seem ok for right now, I am very concerned for long term effects. Has anyone else dealt with this? Does anyone have any recommendations?

my son did this a lot at that age he is now 7 and does it not nearly as much

dentist said to keep an eye on it but did not give us a guard at that time

My son did the same thing. We spoke to our dentist about it and like yours he wouldn't give a mouth guard because of the choking hazard. We kept and eye on it and it's so rare that he does it now. The dentist did say that he'd more than likely grow out of it and he did so I wouldn't really stress about it.

My 4 year old does it too, it was really bad a couple of months ago, when he slept in our room the grinding was so loud it sounded like his teeth would break! Seems to be calming down now in fact I can't remember exactly when he last did it. Sorry not much help but just wanted to assure you it may just stop.

Thank you so much for giving me hope. Some weeks are better than others but when it's bad, it sounds like her teeth are going to break. I hope like your children, this is something she will grow out of.

Last year my 5 year old started grinding her teeth while sleeping. Some weeks it rarely happens, some weeks it's moderate and others it's out of control (especially if she has a cold). I took her to the dentist and he stated that she is way too young for a mouth guard as it is a choking hazard. I am at my wits end and so concerned. Although her teeth seem ok for right now, I am very concerned for long term effects. Has anyone else dealt with this? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Smille, my DD does the same thing, she is 5 years old. I mean waking me up from down the hall!!! The dentist told me to not worry about it because children out grow this issue. I kept hounding him for a mouth guard but he told me he is scared because young children have a hard time using them while sleeping. He looked very hard at her teeth and told me there is no damage.

When her adult teeth come in and she is still grinding then we will go to the guard.

Smille, my DD does the same thing, she is 5 years old. I mean waking me up from down the hall!!! The dentist told me to not worry about it because children out grow this issue. I kept hounding him for a mouth guard but he told me he is scared because young children have a hard time using them while sleeping. He looked very hard at her teeth and told me there is no damage.

When her adult teeth come in and she is still grinding then we will go to the guard.

She wakes me up too and she's 2 rooms down. I feel so much better hearing from several women that she will possibly grow out of this. Her dentist said there's no damage and I check her teeth weekly and don't see anything. I guess I shouldn't worry for now.

She wakes me up too and she's 2 rooms down. I feel so much better hearing from several women that she will possibly grow out of this. Her dentist said there's no damage and I check her teeth weekly and don't see anything. I guess I shouldn't worry for now.

It's so hard not to worry about your children! !! First it was this with my dd with her teeth and now (go to this forum so i don't have to type it out again lol so lazy)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/k...-year-old-has-2cm-mass-above-her-sternum.html

Don’t be panic, It is not a big problem. My 6 year old granddaughter also did the same thing. I was very much concerned about her tooth enamel, because teeth grinding may damage the enamel of teeth. So we consulted Pearl Dental,an experienced cosmetic and family dental clinic in Burlington. He told me that there are no specific treatments for this problem, it may stop automatically. Mouth guards are not good for children, it can use for adults only if the grinding is severe.

My son does this during the day and I have no idea. I don't worry so much about his teeth as why he has this habit. If I ask him he says it makes his teeth feel warm!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->