Teething help!

Smanderson

Reaction score
Any teething tips? I'm getting a bit desperate :wacko:

Ds2 is a very chilled baby and loves his sleep but this week he's been really cranky not sleeping in the day at all and waking more at night. He is feeding so badly no matter how much I try he will only take what he wants which is very little.

We have been using teething granules and anbesol liquid but sometimes (today in particular) they just don't seem to help. Any advice? I just don't know what to do i always thought anbesol liquid was the best but ds2 just seems beside himself no matter what. He doesn't seem unwell and has no temp, he's dribbling loads and constantly got his hand or a toy in his mouth.

TIA xx

Teething seems to take forever! DS started showing signs of teething on off for months before a tooth finally came through. I tend to opt for Calpol and that and having to sing him to sleep at 2am when he has woken up! I have also tried cold foods to soothe his gums, like frozen yoghurt, chilled fruit puree etc. If your little one has dummy, freeze it and it will also soothe their gums.

Thanks flou, I've never heard of freezing the dummy will be sticking a dummy in the freezer in a minute! :thumbup:

Crownest sorry your LO is struggling too :(

When the Anbesol doesn't take the pain away for him, I give him a cold carrot and he will happily chomp away on that for ages. I cut it into 4 battons and just give him a fresh cold one after a while.

Could be more to do with the 4 month sleep regression? Emma started with the drooling at 7 weeks an constantly has her fists or anything else she can grab in her mouth but I highly doubt she is teething.

As a last resort you could try baby Ibruprofen/Nurofen? I used it couple of times with my son when he was teething bad as he was unconsolable sometimes.. Worked great!

Thanks all for your replies, he's been a little better today but still struggling bless him.

Twinmummy87 thanks I'll get some carrots in the fridge

Minties it's possible the sleep thing is regression but it's also teething unfortunately, I was really hoping he would start much later than this though I imagine he will be more like 6/7 months before anything actually comes through (Gotta love teething :wacko:)

Claireybell thanks I'll give nurfen a try, so horrible seeing them suffering x

Bless him, hope the nurofen helps :hugs: my son started teething sround 7/8wks :shock:

I've found not many things touch my DDs teething pain apart from calpol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->