Teething issues

mac1979

Mommy to a Raptor
Reaction score
So, my DD 6mo has started using my nipple as a chew toy. In the middle of a feed she will bite down and pull off...and it hurts. It will be worse once teeth start appearing so how do I make her stop doing this. After she pulls off she will latch back on immediately and nurse a few more minutes and she repeats this for the entire feed.

So what I did when she started this is she bites down, to quickly pull her in towards the breast which is far less painful than her pulling off the other way. If she does it a second time we take a break. I put the "food" and we try again later. She started this over a month ago and she rarely does it now.

My LO did this a few months ago, I could tell she was just experimenting because she would chomp down on me while staring me in the face. I would quickly unlatch her and say firmly 'That hurts Mummy, don't bite me.' She would stare at me for a few seconds, then latch back on and it would repeat. She did it probably 6 or 8 times and then she seemed to get the message and has never done it again.

Think it's pretty normal, my 6mo was doing this heaps a few weeks ago but has now stopped, I just took her off the breast and put her down so she soon learned if she bites we don't keep feeding, she got the message soon enough and stopped and doesn't seem to be doing it anymore

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->