Teething pain keeping baby up at night.

Starlight32

Reaction score
My daughter has slept through the night since 2 months old with a handful of exceptions (she's 5 months now). I recently felt a tooth poking through her gum and last night she was up for over an hour screaming then cried throughout the night (thankfully the other cries only lasted about 30 seconds then back to sleep). I fear this is the new norm with teething. Anyone else going through this?

My daughter has slept through the night since 2 months old with a handful of exceptions (she's 5 months now). I recently felt a tooth poking through her gum and last night she was up for over an hour screaming then cried throughout the night (thankfully the other cries only lasted about 30 seconds then back to sleep). I fear this is the new norm with teething. Anyone else going through this?

Me me !!!! :dohh: my LO is 7 months has always been a fantastic sleeper and the last 5 days has been awake almost every hour ! She is rubbing her mouth, cheeks and ears , has red cheeks and a sore bum. A tooth is,out delfinetly on the way . Its such a shock to our system lol..... Cmd on tooth , give us all a break !!! My son was never bothered by teething but she is having a tough time of it . Calpol helps a bit but not with the sleeping . Our time to get up the last few nights for the day has been 4.30am ...

Is it her bottom front tooth? That's what's coming in for my daughter. She woke up crying twice last night but thankfully they were far apart (720 and 3) so I still got decent sleep. I'm nervous about tonight.

Yes I think so , she keeps rubbing her tounge along her bottom gum so I'm guessing it is . Can't see anything yet !! She woke 4 times last night and up for the day at 5am ...... The days feel endless !! She did sleep for 2 hours this am .

Yikes 4 times! Does she she go back to sleep somewhat easily? My daughter cries and cries. I hold her for a bit then lay her in her crib and stroke her head. But she cries herself back to sleep after a while. I try to soothe her as much as possible and don't leave her side until she's back asleep.

She will settle if I feed her to sleep but as soon as i put her down in the crib she wakes and cries again so I hold / feed her for 30-40 mins till she is fast asleep then I may get an hour or so before she wakes again and we start all over �� I'm like a zombie at the moment . Up since 4.45am again and have not stopped !!

How was last night? She didn't scream in the middle of the night so I'm hoping we survived the first tooth. A lot more to go!!

She slept from calpol to calpol ie 4 hours and then up again !! Still zero sign of a tooth but very rosey cheeks today and that tounge still feeling something. !!! My start to the day was 5.15 so not too bad . Have you a visible tooth ???

I haven't actually seen it but I can feel it sticking out of the gum! I hope your baby is in less pain tonight ❤️

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->