Teething preemie

amberlindsay7

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice re. Teething preemies. My lo is 19 weeks old, but only 10 corrected and has just started teething early. He is quite grumpy with it all and is not drinking enough milk because of the pain - I was therefore wondering if anyone has any good tips that might help me to get him to drink his bottles. We are already using teething gel, but I'm wondering if I should start weaning him on just ready brek with his formula so that I can use a spoon which won't hurt his gums.

Thanks xx

i used teething granules when he was little, these seemed to really help, may be worth a go?

My twins, born at 32 weeks, also started teething as early as this, but they actually didnt get their first teeth til about 6 months old

But if LO is still teething when he is 4 month old, the best thing I found was a teething liquid called Anbesol, its not like teething gel, it literally numbs the gums for hours, (I tried some on my own teeth, when I has wisdoms coming in) You wouldnt of even been able to tell my two were teething when they had anbesol on their gums

Plus because its a liquid you use so little of it, it last for ages xx

We liked the teething granules too - Nelsons Teetha, it also can help upset stomachs.
Apart from that we used bonjela just before bottles. I'd prob say hold off the ready brek for a lil longer but thats up to you - weaning for preemies is between 5-7 months actual age.

Try liquid anbesol and teething powder. Weaning isn't likely to help with teething at all x

Try liquid anbesol and teething powder. Weaning isn't likely to help with teething at all x

Agree with all of this :thumbup:

To be totally honest as well I would hold off on the weaning also if LO doesn't seem ready as milk tends to be a bit easier on them when they are teething, I know my LO goes right off solids when he's teething. It may frustrate your LO further. I would try some teething remedies and hopefully if they help I would try to adjust your feeding schedule dependant on when LO seems most comfortable and in less pain. :flower:

Its hard but you will get past it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->