Teething so early?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
I dont know if its waaay to early yet but Brooke seems to be showing the classic signs of teething, munching on her fist when shes not hungry yet when i offer the dummy she wont take it,she's drooling lik a St Bernard too :rofl:

Does it seem a bit too early as shes 7 1/2 weeks old? When did your LO's start teething and are there any other signs i should look out for?

lilly had teething symtoms at this age, but didnt actually get her teeth till about 4 months, every baby is different and there teeth come as and when some babes are even born with teeth,

signs
red cheeks
red swollen gums can feel warm to touch
slavering constant
When the tooth is ready to come through the gum looks white.
and all the above with SCREAMING
xx

Jacob has been doing exactly the same for weeks but we have no teeth apparently its the teeth dropping into the gums x

Its so hard because what with her being poorly with her ear infection im trying to tie things up to causes if that makes sense. This has come on all of a sudden and she seems to be acting different to how she was when her ear was playing up and she felt poorly.

millie started quite early showing signs and you can now see some teeth under her gums but nothing cut through yet. i wouldn't worry some babies r born with teeth x

No, Lola still hasn't shown signs of teething so I don't know about the symptoms but it's very possible that Brooke's an early teether. Some babies cut their first tooth at around 3 months and earlier...

you never know? Jasmine has been showing signs for weeks and nothing has come of it... They can have have teeth pain for weeks/months while the teeth shift.

sure its possible....but they do start to begin chewing their fists round that age too along with the dribble achie did that age any way...but like now i can notice the difference in chewing the fists cus he realy crys cus u can tel h cant bite hard enuff lol xx

Yeah Ollie chews his fists and everyones asks if he's teething. I don't think he is though as there arn't any other signs. Saying that though Faith never had any signs of teething, hers just popped up! x

Renah has started chewing her fists and drooling too the last few weeks. Sometimes she gets really red cheeks. I'm not sure if its teething signs or if its just a new "thing"

Jay started showing signs of teething at around 6 weeks but still no teeth yet. Dentinox teething gel seems to help on the days / nights he's really grizzly :D

xx

Erin started teething around 10 weeks old but she's nearly 7 months now and still no teeth cut through yet. I think they are on the way though now. xx

I think Oliver is teething now too. He has been drooling lods, really biting hard on his fists, has red cheeks and really runny poo! He also keeps screaming the place down and there is nothing we can do to calm him. Thats not like Oliver at all - he's normally such a happy, contented baby. We've just bought some Nelsons teething powder - I'll let you know if it works!

Kathryn has been drooling, chomping on everything, red cheeks and more cranky when trying to sleep. She's had signs for almost 2 months now, but no tooth yet. Plenty of teething gels out there, and I've just got smaller teething rings, cause Kathryn didn't like the normal sized ones (can't hold it well). I also found teething jewelry, necklaces and bracelets that are safe for baby to munch (developed by a mom dentist) on I don't have any but it looks interesting. https://shop.docbloom.com/

hi pp, sounds very much like she could be, maddi had very similar signs to brooke at that age, but didn't get her first (two :dohh:) till 6months. the signs i have found with maddi are:

red cheeks
white gums
little ridges come up on the gums, and then they feel sharp
lots of dribble
and she doesn't want her dummy either, though she'll chew on everything else :dohh:

i have really found the ashton and parsons teething powder (can buy in boots) to work really well, along with bongela and capol. hope they don't hurt little brooke too much :hugs: x

According to GP and HV chloe started teething at 8 weeks, but only got her first tooth a week ago, it seems some babies are very aware of the teeth moving under the gums, months before they cut

I wondered the same thing with Claire. She's got the rosy cheeks, biting her fists but won't take the soother and drools like no tomorrow. She's only a day or so behind Brooke. Weird, no?

My baby has been doing the same as Brooke since he was her age, but no teeth yet. He doesn't seem to be in pain or anything with it though.

My HV told me another sign of teething is a baby pulling on their own ear.

it could be the start, they can start at any age i believe its not un heard of a baby being born with a tooth.
Rosie was 12 months whe she got her tooth and they all came at once top and bottom she was a bald , walking, toothless baby lol looked hilarious.
xx

i think it's definately possible i was wondering the same about izzy - you can use teething gel safely from birth so you could always try it on her gums to see if that helps her? x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->