Tell me about your babies poo ...

capricorn1

Reaction score
My LO is starting settling in sessions at nursery as I'm due back at work soon and the staff have been commenting on her poo. First time they had a full nappy to change they said it was 'sloppy' - I explained that this was normal for her being a breastfeed baby, and then the next time they said she had diahorea (sp). So I thought I'd check with you lovely ladies :blush: how is your babies poo?

LO's is mustardy is colour and runny although thick in consistency. I'm pretty sure this was how LO1's poo was.

Thanks!
xxx

Yep, that's exactly what my LO's looks like and she is breastfed.

Diarrhoea looks completely different. More watery and not thick at all.

It was like runny yellow burger mustard. Sometimes it was a little 'seedy', sometimes it was a little green. It smelt sweet. It would explode out of her clothes and up her back. She would go a couple of times a day. It was poomageddon! My DS was the same.

Now we have started BLW, it is slowly turning browner, with 'interesting' bits in it. And it stinks! But still very sloppy.

From what you describe it is perfectly normal for EBF baby x

Thanks ladies you have totally put my mind at rest! poomageddon it certain is :haha:

I think they are perhaps not used to looking after a breastfed baby as all of the other little ones in the room are older and on solids. We started giving little tastes of foods over the last couple of days so I'm sure that it wont take long before changes in the poo occur :)

Thanks again,
xxx

Breastfeeding babies do have runny mustard poos and sometimes even granule type of look on it. If it's green it means baby are getting too much foremilk and not enough hindmilk. So nothing wrong with your baby.

Oh yeah, definitely runny! :haha: before DD started solids, it was definitely runny and yellow. I wouldn't worry too much about it. My daughter would literally poo up her back, all the way to her neck. It didn't exactly stink. For awhile it smelled like buttered popcorn :haha:

I used to obsess about the pooh. It's all normal.
Our GP said there is a large variance that's acceptable and he's on concerned if there's blood.

Sounds spot on for EBF poo, enjoy it while it lasts. Solid and breastmilk poo smells worse and full on toddler poo is just stinkiest ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->