Telling Neighbours?

FlowerFairy

James, Noah, Saskia, Lumi
Reaction score
I can't decide if I need to let my Neighbours know I'm planning a Home birth!
We live in a middle Back to back terrace and we hear everything next doors do. From arguing, to baby crying to hoovering :haha:

Obviously we return the favour to them too !
Would you mention HB in case it got noisy? I would hate the police at the door if they think I'm being murdered :haha:
I wondered about mentioning it or whether to send a little card of say nothing at all :flower:

We live in a mid terrace and I plan on letting the neighbours know.:haha:

We live in a mid terrace and I plan on letting the neighbours know.:haha:

:thumbup: I just have visions of them thinking something is wrong! they're both nice girls either side, so I think I'll mention it x

There is a good chance you may be pretty vocal so definitely mention it unless you want to share your birth with the police!:haha::winkwink:

We live in a semi and can hear our neighbours doin everything but they say they never hear us, we did tell them anout hb an when we saw em recently they said they never heard a sound!

Ha ha I think you should tell them! We live in the middle flat sandwiched between 2 others and we are going to have to mention it I think or there might be a knock at the door just when I'm getting into the swing lol x

We told one neighbour in passing but that was it. And I had to be transferred in so bet our nosey neighbour we didn't tell had a field day!! Ha ha.

I wouldn't bother. They are far more likely to think you are having passionate sex than being harmed in any way. Maybe have lots of loud sex between now and then so they get used to it??

You could make a sign that says "Lady in Labour. Do not Disturb. Sorry for any noise." and on the day, stick that to your front door. ??

I'd let the neighbors know. I live in an apartment and plan to inform my neighbors as the time draws closer.

I live in a flat, and am thinking about putting a sign on the door, incase I get really noisy, I think Its more likely that they noise people popping round due to complaints if it is late!

We livein a small block of flats but didn't tell anyone. Had no complaints or anything and my DH said he'd be shocked if any of them heard me, apparently I was pretty quiet (I have a very hazy memory of it, zoned out I think!).

You might want to explain it to them if they are are woken by any noise. That might alert them to call you and see if everything is okay. But it is your decision.

We are mid-terrace, the neighbour on one side knew as we are good friends, but I never got round to telling the other side. They knew I was pregnant though so I guess if they heard anything they would have guessed what was happening. They've never mentioned it though.

Oh, and my DH announced the birth to my friend next door by yelling out the bathroom window 'it's a girl!!'. He heard that she was in the garden on her phone.

Oh, and my DH announced the birth to my friend next door by yelling out the bathroom window 'it's a girl!!'. He heard that she was in the garden on her phone.

That is so cute!

OP, I think it came up in conversation that we were planning a HB but I didn't specifically tell next door. I gave birth at 2 in the morning but next door (end terrace) was none the wiser - she asked my DH a couple of days later how much longer till the baby was due lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->