terbutaline ?? & spent the day in triage

lmp1505768

Reaction score
So this post is probably gonna be all over the place, sorry :/

Im 32 weeks on wednesday, Woke up this morning feeling a little crampy, laid down with DD for a bit, and then got up to use the bathroom(shocking right?)and and had a clump of clearish discharge with a small clump o brownish blood inside it. I ignored this, and decided to just lay down and keep an eye out. Thirty min later it was solid brown/pink discharge(no white at all) and so I called my OB. They scheduled a same day appointment for 230. Then as I went to get into the shower, I wiped again, and got a decent amount of pink/red bleeding. Kind of like your light day of a period, but definitely mucousy, not straight blood. So I called back and they sent me to Triage.

They said I am dilated 1cm and my cervical length is 2.5-2.9 cm. I was having fairly consistent contractions, but nothing painful, and nothing off the charts, so they gave me lots of fluid and eventually a shot of terbutaline, as well as some pills to take home. They are checking me again at my appointment wed to see if they can pinpoint the bleeding, and if it has stopped for 24a hrs they with do a fetal something or another test(vaginal swap for a certain enzyme, FFT I think?) To see if ill go early.

A few questions.

At the hospital, the bleeding seemed to slow to almost nothing, but at home again and just noticed more of the thick white with a clump of dark red in the middle. Should I worry??

Also, when I picked up my RX the pharmacist pointed out that this drug has a black box warning for use in pregnancy. I just don't feel like my doctor would have just handed me something unsafe, but now im a tad afraid to use it. Anyone have experience??

And lastly, I just feel guilty. I have SPD, and was gonna ask about a sweep at 37 weeks as im just so sore and have a 40lb 2.5 year old, and could only think about how I couldn't wait to not be pregnant anymore and have my body back, and now I can't seem to keep him in! This is so frustrating :(

Hi there. Sorry you are going through this and hope that all is ok and they can get to the bottom of it. Terbutaline is a anti contraction drug so given for the right reason in pregnancy is fine but if unsure the ring and talk to them about it.

:hugs: It'll be an FFN test, although you need to take it with a pinch of salt at 32 weeks, as the closer to due date the more likely its positive(a false positive) . I had 4 positives from 22-32 weeks, and I went over due. Your cervical length still sounds good too though. A negative test is always more reliable, the positives arent.

Hi there. Sorry you are going through this and hope that all is ok and they can get to the bottom of it. Terbutaline is a anti contraction drug so given for the right reason in pregnancy is fine but if unsure the ring and talk to them about it.

I feel like I should be okay, but the black box warning part , SIX pages of warnings against at home use in pregnancy,and then a google website claiming it doesn't work and killed a minimum of 16 pregnant women kind of terrified me a little. But I think you're right, I just need to trust my doctor on this one.

Actually, im hoping they stop and I don't need it at all :)

:hugs: It'll be an FFN test, although you need to take it with a pinch of salt at 32 weeks, as the closer to due date the more likely its positive(a false positive) . I had 4 positives from 22-32 weeks, and I went over due. Your cervical length still sounds good too though. A negative test is always more reliable, the positives arent.

Thanks :) I was worried about the cervical length because I read it was supposed to be 3.5-4 still?

But im glad to hear that a positive FFN isn't exactly set in stone. This baby needs (at least) four more weeks!

I feel like I should be okay, but the black box warning part , SIX pages of warnings against at home use in pregnancy,and then a google website claiming it doesn't work and killed a minimum of 16 pregnant women kind of terrified me a little. But I think you're right, I just need to trust my doctor on this one.

Actually, im hoping they stop and I don't need it at all :)

Google is not your friend! Try to trust your doctor and give them a call if you have concerns. Hope you feel better soon and baby is doing well in there :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->