Terrified to Test

Babyherd2

Mum to Luke & an Angel
Reaction score
Hi Girls,
Well I'm totally new to this section, I normally post in stillbirth, neonatal loss and SIDS section only, and have only had a brief look/nosey on here lately. Truth is... I have suffered a loss, but have been unsure whether I belonged in the TTC after a loss section because I'm unsure about whether I want to conceive again iykwim?? Confusing I know but My thoughs were that if it was mean't to be then it would happen so here I am. My reason for this is because I feel like I don't want to replace My Angel, or for Bradley to feel like I was trying to replace Him because I'm not. Thought that I would leave in the lap of the God's - No prevention, just devine intervention!! I'm not normally so religeous or philosophical but figure that there must have been a reason to take My Son and therefore if I am mean't to conceive again then that's the way it was supposed to be!!? I Didn't want to post in my usual section for fear of upsetting anyone. So here goes... I lost my 2nd Son Bradley on October 24th 2009. After a very normal and uncomplicated pregnancy, unexpectedly He was born sleeping at 28 weeks and 4 days after I suffered a complete placental abruption - He weighed 2lb 15oz and was perfect from head to toe ( No reason for the abruption was found - was told that it has to be put down to a 'chance' catastrophic event that affects only 1% of pregnancies ) so..here I am terrified to test. Period was due yesterday and I'm normally bang on time and so far no sign. No usual cramps or mood swings. I think I know deep down that I'm pregnant (could be wrong? ) but just don't know how to react- I feel so confused and guilty? My Husband is going through Hell with work at the moment and fears he might loose his job. Not that it makes any odds, but he has quite a good job and prides himself on being able to provide for his Family. so I don't dare tell Him that I suspect I'm pregnant again. I know he'll be pleased as we've had this conversation before, but I know he'll be terrified if we get a BFP. I just don't want to add to His stress given His situation at work, also I'm terrified about another pregnancy incase the same was to happen again ( apparently we have a 1 in 10 chance of recurrance? ) and that petrifies me as I know another loss will kill Me, but at the same time I want to know that it's right to take a test and yeah a BFP would be great!! HELP I'M A MESS!!!

Look on the bright side! The sooner you test, the sooner you can get prenatal care. My suggestion is test asap and set up a OB appointment this week. You will feel better once you do. Make sure to request weekly U/S to monitor your progression! GL hun!

Look on the bright side! The sooner you test, the sooner you can get prenatal care. My suggestion is test asap and set up a OB appointment this week. You will feel better once you do. Make sure to request weekly U/S to monitor your progression! GL hun!

Thanks for Your prompt reply. I think I needed an outsiders opinion - it's invalueable. Your right I do need to test, and that way if needs be I can get prenatal care, will go to the chemist first thing tomorrrow. Weekly U/S also a great idea. Thanks soooooooo Much
Janine xxx

Keep me posted! I'd love to be updated!! I wish you all the luck in the world! :thumbup:

Wishing you luck - and i'm so sorry for your loss xxx

Awww hunni I can see why you feel so confused but I agree with the other girls and think you should test unfortunately you can't avoid it forever so you may as well get it over with though I know it will be hard for you. I have everything crossed for you and I hope that your husband will cope ok when you tell him. I think you do need to tell him as soon as possible if you are as if you didn't and left it I think he would be more upset.

I have everything crossed for you let us all know how you get on.

xxxx

Hi Girls, Thanks so much for your replies, it means a lot. I did do a test which was a BFN and AF arrived today so I guess it was much a do about nothing. ( Yep I officially have a split personality, but I can't decide whether I'm relieved or upset!! ) I told OH the full story and He thinks the very fact that I'm undecided means that I'm not ready for another pregnancy - perhaps he's right. However it could have been a very different outcome so your advice and support has been great. Who knows might see You again in a few months.... but that's a different thread.
Take care and GOOD LUCK to You all in your TTC journey

Janine xxxxxx

Glad you got your answer for now - take care, and all the best for when you are ready xxx

Hey hun

Im glad you got your answer too I hope that you start to heal in the very near future and when you are ready I have everything crossed for you that things will go well.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->