Texture and Gagging

JennyLynn512

Mom to four
Reaction score
Alright, Valerie is going to be 9 months this upcoming month. She is a great eater. Obviously she is still breastfed, but when it comes to solids, we make a lot of her food, feed her some from the jars, and she eats a lot of finger/snack food. I've been trying to introduce some more lumpier foods for the past month and she is just not taking to them. I literally have to blend and blend until the food is equivalent to stage 2 foods. Anything too lumpy, she gags on it and even sometimes brings up what she has just eaten. This is outrageous! What can I do? She does really well with finger foods and generally loves food...how can I get her to eat lumpier baby food?

theres really no way for you to get her to like it other then be presistant with it , my son is the same thing lol maybe let her play with it (messy ) i know but she may take to it

She will eventually like it. We had the same problem and Josh simply learned to like lumpier/chunkier food.

Sam had problems with lumps at first too. I'd just persist with them and she should get used to it. Can you try her with softer lumps, like spaghetti rather than lumps of fruit or veg?

Sam doesn't ever gag on them any more but if he doesn't want them he will carefully remove the lump with his tongue, spit just that out and swallow the rest of the mouthful! If she's good with finger foods I'm sure she'll soon get used to lumps too x

We had the same problem. He got too used to being able to take the food off the spoon and swallow straight away. I know give him the lumpier stage 3 foods at the beginning of the feed when he is really hungry and then finish off with something he really likes so he doesn't see feeding as a bad thing. With the lumpy food, I give him a really small amount at a time so its easy for him to move around his mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->