The arrival of baby Jessica....

emsiee

Mum of 2
Reaction score
My waters broke on Tuesday. I knew it was my waters straight away as Id wet 2 sanitary towels and still needed to change. It had soaked right through to my trousers. I rang the hospital straight away who told me to go down asap. That I did, and the Midwife immediately confirmed it was my waters. They checked my obs and I had a high temp...they gave me paracetamol to help bring it down and put me on a trace for an hour.
After an hour, it had still not come down but they sent me home anyway on 4 hourly temps and told me if it went over 38, to come straight back in. They advised if I didnt go into natural labour within the next 24 hours, I would go in to be induced on the Wed.
So off went home and nothing happened during the night to my surprise. 9am on the Wed, still nothing, apart from very mild, irregular contractions, probably about 1 an hour to my dissapointment.
Anyway, we made our way back to the hospital to be induced as Id still not gone into natural labour by 9pm on the Wed. I was put on the Ante Natel ward for the night to be monitored. No one checked me all night, and by 1am, I was having quite painful contractions. I didnt sleep at all all night and my OH was told he couldnt stay with me which I was very annoyed at as I felt very alone and was in pain. My contractions were coming every 5 mins. All I could have was codeine and paracetamol which was doing absolutely nothing. I kept asking for stronger pain relief and was told I couldnt as they only prescribed stronger stuff on Delivery suite and I needed to be at least 5cm dilated before I could go there. (I dont know how they didnt know I wasnt 5cm dilated as no one would check me due to my waters going and they wanted to limit the number of internals they gave me). That night was horrendous. I was pacing up and down by my bed in quite bad pain with no one there and MW refusing to check me. She said the doctor would come and see me in the morning but they would like to leave me over night to see if I went into labour naturally.

In the end, I insisted the MW come and check me...I just wanted to go up to delivery suite and get some drugs!!! LOL...She said I was 4cm dilated and I needed to go another cm before she rang delivery.
So, by 8am on the Thursday, the contractions had wore off..they were not coming as regular as what they were during the night..in one way I was quite glad to get rid of the pain, and in another, I was gutted.
OH came at 10am..I was so relieved to see him..:cloud9:
Contractions started again (every 5 mins) around 11am...and by 1pm, I was in agony. MW told us we would have to wait until they had a free room on delivery suite as I was being put on the syntocin. My cervix was favourable and didnt require a pessary.
An hour later, (2pm on Thursday) we were sent up, to my relief. I immediately had gas and air and requested an epidural. It was heaven. Im so glad I had one. :)

I was put on Syntocin and I could feel the contractions were a lot stronger with it, but didnt feel the pain. :cloud9:

There were a few rough moments during the labour as Jessicas heartbeat kept dropping so they attached a device to the top of her head to monitor it more effectively. At one point, I thought I was going to be rushed for a c section! I was so scared...

I was examined at 3pm and found to only be 6cm dilated...so they upped the Syntocin dosage. I could really feel the contractions coming thick and fast at this point, even though, it was taking ages for me to dilate...

At 8pm, I told the MW i felt pressure in my bum but she didnt check me and told me it was baby moving down..(I think she thought we were gonna be there for a while as we did!)
Jessicas heartbeat continually dropped and they got the doctor in who checked me..to my total surprise, I was fully dilated and she was just waiting to be born!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!! Id gone from 6cm to 10cm in about 2 hours. I was relieved to start pushing..:happydance:
I was only pushing for 20 mins and she was born at 20:49 on Thursday. I got a 1st degree tear and had stitches. She is just gorgeous and we are over the moon..she weighed 6lb 11oz

Attachments

• jessica1.jpg
    jessica1.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 311
beautiful healthy baby...perfect! congratulations, you did it!! xx

AO wow emsie -fab story and your lil princess is gorgeous. Well done to you, enjoy your little beautiful bundle of joy
xxx

Congratulations, your daughter is beautiful.

Bit rubbish that you weren't really checked on frequently. Also that your OH wasn't allowed to stay with you - I'd have screamed bloody murder if mine had been sent away when I was needing him most! - you did really well and must be very proud :)

Jessica is just beautiful! Well done and congrats!

Congratulations, your daughter is beautiful.

Bit rubbish that you weren't really checked on frequently. Also that your OH wasn't allowed to stay with you - I'd have screamed bloody murder if mine had been sent away when I was needing him most! - you did really well and must be very proud :)

I know, it was horrible! All I did all night was cry..:cry:

Yay we both had our babies, well worth the wait!!! Congratulations she is gorgeous x x c hope you are getting on really well x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->