the baby shop

hellohefalump

Reaction score
Today Madeleine came home from school looking worried. When I asked her what was wrong she said,

'we're not going to give Mojo (DS) back to the baby shop are we?'

I said 'what's the baby shop?'

and she said, 'it's where babies come from!'

So we've had a chat about how we're not going to give him back because we love him, she was quite concerned! I think one of the kids at school must have told her there was a baby shop!

Wondering whether I should tell her where babies come from? She knows about babies being in their mummy's tummy already because I had a friend who was pregnant and had a baby less than a year ago.

Oh that's lovely she was concerned.

Daniel is the same ago as you lo and at the moment we haven't said anymore to him than babies grow in mummies tummy etc. I don't think at 4/5 they need to know how they get there lol

Thanks Rach, I'm inclined to agree with you that she doesn't need to know how the baby got there just yet

My OH's Mum and Dad used to tell him that Mum got a special pill from the doctor that made a baby grow in her tummy. Maybe use something like that until she's old enough to understand?

:haha:

I remember a friend having a similar conversation. She wanted to know where it was so they could return her sister!

I believed something similar until about 6/7 that babies came from Walmart :lol:

My mum used to say that
'A daddy gives a Mummy a seed to plant in her tummy to make a baby'
I think that is the basics and you can then add on from there as their questions and curiosity grow. It will deffo be something i will be doing as soon as i am asked. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->