The balls out!

whatwillbex

Reaction score
:holly: Last night I blew up my old best friend the birthing ball. It's like seeing an old friend! My SPD just got so uncomfortable I needed to do something and my back was hurting too. Just find I cant get comfy on the sofa anymore. I'm surprised I managed this long, with dd I blew it up at 12 weeks haha.
My dd came down stairs this morning and thought I had bought her a large ball to play with....just need the novelty to wear off of it being around..she will get bored soon :dohh:

SPD sufferers I recommend :thumbup:

Haven't blown mine up yet but this got me thinking maybe it's time!

Honestly I've never used the ball but my midwife highly recommended it. I just thought "how could sitting on a ball help my SPD and hip/back pain?" I guess I better try it and see what I'm missing out on lol!

In all truth I actually came on here to start a thread asking what to do for SPD since mine is starting already. Thank you for posting this! :thumbup:

I just bought mine. I am really struggling, what types of positions do you do? What helps you the most?

Well the positions mainly consist of me sitting and thats it. haha
Im a bit lazy, I just like that there's movement when im sat down unlike the sofa i seem to stiffen up.
Sometimes without realising you end up doing a movement bit like you would do if you were hoola hooping. I find it helps loosen my back up and good for the hips.
Also I think theres a position where you put the ball up against the wall and lean against it rolling the ball up and down by bending your legs. It helps the back.
Its the night time im really struggling with getting comfy and the pain when turning over is just too much. X

Well the positions mainly consist of me sitting and thats it. haha
Im a bit lazy, I just like that there's movement when im sat down unlike the sofa i seem to stiffen up.
Sometimes without realising you end up doing a movement bit like you would do if you were hoola hooping. I find it helps loosen my back up and good for the hips.
Also I think theres a position where you put the ball up against the wall and lean against it rolling the ball up and down by bending your legs. It helps the back.
Its the night time im really struggling with getting comfy and the pain when turning over is just too much. X

That makes sense, as I'm at my worst after being at work where I'm sitting pretty much all day 😩 Think it's time to blow mine up too!

Ohh yes I can imagine that being painful. Shame you cant swap the work chair for a ball, saying that your coworkers would probably have a field day just like my dd did. Haha

It actually sounds really soothing, cannot wait to get mine. I need some relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->