The best spelling??

Lashes85

Mommy to FOUR boys <3
Reaction score
Hey girls,

So we've finally agreed on a name for our first little girl. I did really want to call her Dottie but OH doesn't like it :( my close second favourite was Darcie/Darcey/Darcy and OH likes it too :)

So her name will be -
Darcie Rose Brookes
Darcey Rose Brookes
Darcy Rose Brookes

But which spelling is better? And do you think it goes well with our boys names - Harry, Alfie, Charlie & Vinnie?

I used to like the traditional way of spelling it - Darcy, however I have to say that I think the spelling Darcie looks prettier and more feminine :shrug:

ps; lovely name :flower:

I used to like the traditional way of spelling it - Darcy, however I have to say that I think the spelling Darcie looks prettier and more feminine :shrug:

ps; lovely name :flower:

They're my 2 favourite ways too :) Darcie being my favourite way of spelling it. OH has to be different and likes Darcey. xx

Darcie would probably be best to go with Alfie Vinnie and Charlie x

I like Darcy just because most folks wouldn't spell it wrong. I had a traditional name with a weird spelling (changed it!) and EVERYone spelled it wrong all the time. It was annoying and a hassle. But, as a nickname? It doesn't matter so much. And they're all cute. But, I'd still go with Darcy to complement Harry, since the others all have the "ie" thing going on and Harry's all alone! :)

By the way, and this is dumb, but I HAVE to share... I read the first part of your post and couldn't stop laughing. When I was a child, my mom was "family friends" with this woman named Dotty. Apparently, she was soooo ditsy, so everyone called her "Doofy Dotty". I think of her every time I see the name Dotty/Dottie, and it makes me laugh because I was like 10 before I realized her first name wasn't actually DOOFY Dotty. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->