The birth of Dylan Martyn Holdway 15/12/2010

C

cho

Thought i would try to catch up with a birth story so here it goes....

On the 15th i woke up at 5 am and thought i could feel cramping, but was unsure as i was wanting it soo bad, but new it felt different!
I sat up and as i did i felt them increase just slightly so decided to walk around as i really didnt want them to stop.
I knew it was labour but didnt want to get my hopes up too much.
I told DH i wanted to carry on as normal i wanted to treat it like any day, so Dh went of to work and i had a friend coming at 9 so i cleaned, got dressed ect.
I went to toilet and had lost my plug and bloody show.
By then i could feel them but they were not strong or even painful just a little uncomfy.
My friend came at 9 and had warned her earlier that i thought i was in labour.
we chatted and i bounced on my ball and they started to become a little intense. Hubby returned from work and at around 11 i called my mw as they were coming every 2 mins 30 and lasting 30 seconds. She told me to wait till they were last around 45 then to go down to hospital.
At 1 oclock they were coming every 2 mins 30 and last around 45-50 secs long so thought i would start to think about going down so i packed last min things, waited for my aunt to come and pick my son Bradley up and went on down.
It all seemed to easy as they were coming often but i wasnt in pain, i was breathing through them but me and DH laughed the whole way to hospital.

When i arrived at the hospital my contractions slowed as soon as i walked through the doors, coming every 4-5 mins i couldnt believe it and after a examination found out i was only 1 cm dilated but waters were bulging, and she gave me a good sweep! The midwife advised me to go home and just wait till they were strong, painful and lasting a minute.
Soon as i left that building they became intense!!
went home moaned loads, but stayed until around 5 o'clock, when i felt i needed some pain relief.
Went back up the hospital and they examined me and said i was 3cm dilated and to not go home as it may start to speed up, i wasnt allowed in the pool till 4 cm so i waited and after about 20 mins the midwife knew they were strong.
She got me in the pool and all i can say is, i would do it all over again!
The pool took the weight and i was able to get in positions i never knew still existed :haha:
I started the gas and air, after about half hour in the pool.
It took the edge of contractions, was more in my mind i believe!:shrug:
The contractions got sooo strong, and my midwife shocked me when she said that she thought it would be in the next hour and half i would be pushing :shock:
I got out of the pool and was disappointed to hear i was only 5 cm dilated i thought i was going to have another horrific long labour like i did with my first son.
At 8 o'clock I just gave up then and asked for something stronger, I was given diamorphine and a anti-sickness injection but they told me i couldnt get back in the pool.
From then it was just like a rush, everything happened sooo quick, the diamorphine made me sleepy and i zonked out in between contractions which then made me ratty as i was having to wake for the contractiions.
At 9 o'clock i asked for a epidural, i really didnt want to have one this time, i had one when i had my first and loved it but hated not being able to go home, move after ect.
But i was just soo tired i wanted one.
I was moved from the birthing centre to labour ward and they got me ready for a epidural i got in a gown and had a candula put into my wrist, for some reason she took a blood sample and it had gone a bit gory she was pumping blood out of my wrist and sucking it up with a medicine syringe:haha:
I was having this intense pressure to push but i didnt tell the midwife as i knew she would stop the epidural, i kept asking where the aneathasist was and she knew then that i was urging to push but i just shook my head lol
I was then screaming for my epidural and someone knocked at the door ad she told them to go, i gather this was the aneathasist, she knew i didnt have time!
I then could no longer control the urge to push amd my body took over and did what it needed to do, PUSH !
With a big push my waters popped like i have never ever seen in my life, they burst across the room almost hitting the other wall and my mw had to jump out the way, i had forgot my waters hadnt broke and thought it was bubs :dohh:
If only it was that easy.My waters had a lot of meconium in and another midwife was buzzed in, i carried on pushing and out came his head, he had his head out for a good few minutes and was moving his head around, i was told to wait for another contraction but i didnt get one for ages i thought they had stopped.
I then got another urge but when i was pushing his shoulders took some good tugging to get out and then he was born:cloud9: at 10.47, 11 mins after waters breaking :shock:
I couldnt believe how perfect and in love i was soo quickly, no swelling or brusing just perfect.
We named him Dylan Martyn Holdway, and he weighed a beautiful 8lbs 6:baby:
I could not get over how quickly i fell in love with him, i was so scared of not feeling the same about him as i did about my son, but i did.
I could not be happier, i walk around in a daze and cant get over how perfect life feels right now and complete. I am soo pleased that my midwife had not given me the epidural the experience of feeling it was just amazing and something i will never forget.
Here are some pictures xx

Wow great birth story hun!! I nearly cried at the end! Im still full of hormones lol, should really write one myself too xx

Brilliant birth story - glad it all went well for you :)

I keep saying I will do one myself, but dont seem to get the time now ;) x

awwww congrats hun...what a great job you did! he's so gorgeous!!!

He is beautiful :cloud9: Congratulations hun! x

beautiful birth story lobve the piccies too huuuuge congratulations xxx

How wonderfull :cloud9:

Congratulations again....:baby: What a cutie!

lovely photos, congrats

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->