The birth of my 32+4 Baby girl..Very long - DO NOT READ IF YOUR SCARED OR NERVOUS.

M

mummyvikki

I have no intention of scaring anybody.This is the birth of my daughter and if your scared or nervous about your birth or whatever then please dont read as i dont want to make anybody feel uneasy at all...This was the most beautiful experience as a 2nd time mummy and im very happy with how the hospital handled things.xxx

Right then,a week ago today on the sunday afternoon,my water's broke. 32+1 was taken to hospital and diagnosed with PPROM,given antibiotics,weekly twice weekly appointments and sent home..At this time baby was fine.
The monday i felt okay so you would say and baby seemed fine again,water level was 4,3cm but doctors didnt seem concerned. Well Monday night when i went to bed i couldnt feel my baby moving and my braxton hicks were hard,tight ad painful...I got the Doppler out to which i found a lovely 143+ heart rate.Went to sleep :)
Tuesday morning was a blur,i got up as usual with my 3year old and plodded on..Noticed by 9am baby hadnt moved again and was usually a morning girl but today she wasnt. I continued with the house chores and looking after Ty to which i felt extremely wet..Gush's of water and i had to change my pad 3times in 20minutes.
By 10.30 i decided i would have to go back to hospital as things werent looking how they should...When i got there my little girl heart rate and movement was watched on a CTG for 3hr's..She would de-cell at every tightening or if i moved :nope: to which i knew something wasnt right.
Doctor wanted to see my pad,and when i showed it her she thought my liquor colour looked a tint green.
They continued to monitor me for 9 very long and painful hours :( until at 1am when they said the night staff consultant would be in with the next hour..That to me ment something is wrong :cry:
OH had gone home to catch up on some sleep and i was told to rest and try to sleep.The more i tried to rest the more baby's heart rate would de-cell...55 hr lowest stayed for what seemed like forever.At 3.30am on the 3/8/2011 it was decided that my baby be born by emergency section immediately.
I called OH right away and he was there within the half hour,i was terrified my baby was due for another 7+3 and i had already experienced a premmie to which i didnt want to again :(

So off we went down to theatre, i had the normal spinal block all talked though by a neo-natal nurse on what was going to happen..We had 2 neo-natal doc's on side for my little girls delivery :)

THIS BIT GET'S A LITTLE SCARY NOW SO THIS IS WHERE I'D ADVISE THE SQUEAMISH TO NOT READ LOL..........
Section started off fine..I was shaking a little but nothing that wasnt expected..Baby was stuck right down in my pelvis and the uterus had contracted so tight around her (obviously why i didnt feel movement and her heart rate de-celled) they used forceps to get her out and i heard a little cry :)
That's when i all went wrong..I started feeling a terrible burning and fire pain just below my right rib,then i moved to my left and the pain was starting to become unbearable like nothing i had ever experienced...i was screaming with pain,sweating so much the water was running from me..my pulse and hear rate rocketed and i could feel myself going in and out of conciousness..At this point the pain was so intense i began to vomit. They passed OH a sick bowl and i was heaving so bad but nothing came up.....ALL DOCTORS RUSHED TO MY SIDE AND STARTED PANICKING...As i had started to be sick forgetting my stomach was open my bowl had popped out my stomach and i vomiting from down inside..God no's how my OH didnt pass out. The doctor injected me with 2 different sedatives and i was gone....I DONT NOT REMEMBER ANY OF WHAT HAPPENED NEXT BUT OH INFORMED ME LOL...They started working on replacing my bowl back in my stomach and everything else that had decided to move when i was in agony. And 20minutes later they had finished.
Once i started coming round,Doctor's explained to me that the spinal may have only worked up to lower abdomen and that the pain i was feeling was the blood sucker sucking all the blood and cleaning up under and around my ribs..:growlmad: naughty doctor's!!!!
I had 2 drains either side to drain all the loose boil and blood from my stomach and i stayed in for 2days.
I FEEL PERFECTLY FINE NOW JUST A LITTLE SORE :)

When i saw my daughter i didnt care about what had happened and she is the most perfect and beautiful girl i have ever met

Ronnie-May Coleyshaw was born at 06.03am on the 3/8/2011 weighing 3lb 15oz.:kiss:
Me,Shaun and Ty couldnt be happier and she will hopefully be home with us soon!

Thanks for reading and dont be put off horror stories dont happen to everyone and its he most rewarding experience anyway :cloud9:

Vikki x

Wow sounds scarey but so pleased that your little girl is doing well. Congrats to you all.

Oh my goodness!!!! :shock:

I am so pleased you are both ok and I hope she is home with you soon.

Oh wow so glad you are both ok must have been scary!
Congratulations! xx

Extremely scary and I hope you are recovering well.
What a dinky little lady you have, I hope she is home with you soon.

Huge congratulations xxx That sounds so scary. So glad all is ok now x

awww she is Beautiful!!! Did they say why your water broke early?

They didnt say hun just spontaneous rupture of the membranes xx

wow thats insane!!! I once had a surgery where I could feel more then I should have. it was horrible. How is she doing? Did she have to go to the NICU?

wow thats insane!!! I once had a surgery where I could feel more then I should have. it was horrible. How is she doing? Did she have to go to the NICU?

She is doing great feeding every 2hrly via NGT and is now 3lb 12oz so slowly progressing back upto her birth weight..She is still in special care and until she is feeding every 3hrs via demand and keeping her temperature she will have to stay in there,Im praying it wont be to long though.xx

glad everything turned out ok, congratulations! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->