The Birth Of My Beautiful Baby Girl :) Very Positive Experience!

ProudArmyWife

2 Princesses & PG with #3
Reaction score
March 25th was any normal day. Me and DH had went to see some friends. I had noticed i was feeling kind of icky but nothing that i couldnt deal with. My belly was hard but i was convinced it was simply because i hadn't had a bowel movement in 2 days. We went on about our day visiting a few ppl and then i dropped DH off with a friend so they could go play some pool and have a drink or two. (my DH is in the army and only home on a 2 week leave for the birth) as i was dropping him off i told him dont drink to much just in case because i have been feeling funny all day. he said okay and i came home just to rest a little. went and picked him up around 10:30 we came home had a little fun :sex: and then layed down to try to get some sleep. at 1am i woke up and had this overwhelming feeling that i needed to use the bathroom. went and sat on the toilet and had awful diarhea (tmi sorry) my stomach suddenly felt better so i thought that was it. went to lay down and 10 mins later had to run to the bathroom again. when i was done that time i got up and just sat back down on the bed didnt even bother laying down and then all of a sudden i was getting super strong pains every 3-5 mins apart. i knew they were contractions because i had gotten some a few nights before after me and DH :sex: but those went away so i decided not to wake DH just in case these went away too. after an hour of contractions 3-5 mins apart i called my midwife. she told me to wait another hour just to make sure it wasnt false labor. at this point DH had woke up from the midwife calling me back. so i sat there and labored till 2:45am when i decided i wasnt waiting anymore because we live 45 mins away from the hospital. called my midwfie back and she said to come on in to get checked. we got to the hospital at probably about 3:45am and they took me to triage. my contractions at this point were getting more and more intense. the nurse checked me and said i was only 3.5cm so they would leave me to labor for an hour and see if i made any progress. when she said an hour my heart sunk because i wanted that epidural so bad lol so we sat there in triage for an hour. the nurse came back to check me and i was then told that i was 5 cm and was going to be admitted. i was so excited because i thought this meant i would be getting my epidural soon...wrong lol the nurse said it would be another hour till anesthesia would be by. i got into my room where this fabulous nurse showed me how to breath through the contractions because before that i would get one and basically stop breathing. after she showed me how to breath the pain was so much more tolerable. however at this point my contractions were 1 min apart and at least 1 min long.at about 6 am the anesthesiologist finally came into the room and i got my epidural. i was so relieved to see them i dont even remember what all they were talking to me about lol. the epidural was pure heaven it kicked in within 10 mins and the pain was gone. i could still feel the pressure of the contractions but there was absolutely no pain. my midwife came in and checked me right after they left and told me i was 6cm and she was going to break my water. that was absolutely disgusting lol i felt like i was peeing all over myself. after they left the room and i layed there and tried to get some rest. somewhere around 8am i told my mom that i was starting to feel the contractions more so they went and told the nurse so she could tell anesthsia. they decided they wanted to check me again before they added anymore medicine and what do you know i was 10cm :happydance: LO wasnt very far down in the birth canal though so they let me sit there and labor her down naturally that way it was less pushing. let me just say those were some crazy feeling contractions i felt all kinds of pressure in my butt everytime i would get one. at a little after 9am the nurse came back in and said we could start the pushing process. i pushed for a total of 1 hour and my beautiful baby girl was born at 10:05am on march 26th 2011 :cloud9: my birth experience was absolutely amazing and worth every second. all the nurses kept saying how i was defying every first labor rule because my labor was so short. it was 9 hours start to finish. i had some minor tearing on the inside because my little girl decided to come out with her hand over her face but nothing terrifying like i was imagining. i am completely infatuated with my daughter and honestly cant wait till we start trying for our next LO :) (don't worry though that wont be happening for about 2 years lol)

Great birth story!!
So happy for you guys and I'm so glad your husband got to be there.

Can't wait to see some pics. :flower:

:hugs:

congrats hun sounds like a nice labour well you know what i mean, bet she is a right cutie :flower:

congratulations on your wee girl and a speedy labour :)

Congrats!!!! So happy she came a few days early so your hubby gets to spend as much time as possible with his new family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->