the birth of my gorgeous son Tyler

lovehearts

Reaction score
Tuesday 29th March 2011

I hadn't been feeling right for a few days - kinda not all there - don't know if this was a clue but I woke up at 1am on tuesday 29th march and hauled myself out of bed for a wee. When I stood up I felt a warm rush between my legs,I put my hand there and cud feel it running. I went to the toilet trying not to dribble everywhere :haha: and there was no doubt it had to be my waters - it didn't smell like wee and it was everywhere along with a bit of a bloody show.
I went to the bedroom and woke DF and told him my waters had gone. He jumped out of bed as if we had to rush to hospital :rofl: I told him to get as much sleep as possible.
I sat in the lounge and watched TV while my contractions started to get stronger. I'd started having contractions the night before but didn't realise,just thought I was imagining them and hoping to go in to labour lol.
After an hour I rang labour ward - they told me to put a pad on an monitor as she didn't believe me that my waters had gone. I'd already waited an hour to ring them so then had to wait another hour. It got to 5am and I was in a fair bit of pain so I got in the bath but I cudnt sit still so I had a shower. It got to 8ish and I couldn't take anymore so I rang labour ward. They told me they were really busy so they put me through to the day assessment unit who asked me to go in so they could check if it was my waters.
We got to hospital about half 8 and I was still contracting between 5 and 8 mins apart getting stronger. They examined me and told me I was 2-3cm and put me on a trace. They said my waters hadn't gone and it must have been my hind waters. They told me I was contracting (well thanks for that LOL) and said as they wernt regular to go home and sit it out. They also said baby was back to back and that's why my back was hurting so much.
We decided to go to my moms so we could walk around her garden. Once at moms my contractions upped a gear and after 2 hours I couldn't take it. My mom rang labour ward and they told me to go in.
We arrived back at the hospital at about 2pm and I was left waiting for ages to be examined. The contractions were so bad. Finally I got examined and I was 5cm - wooohooo lol.
The midwife explained that as my baby was back to back it would be better for me to have a pool birth as the weight would be taken off my back. so they went and started running the pool for me while I made my way down the corridor. I had to keep stopping for contractions where I was rubbing up the walls telling everyone I felt like a wild animal!! :rofl: this was before gas and air!!
Once in the pool the next few hours just went by quickly. With me contracting and DF or my mom rubbing my back to ease the pain.
After a bit my body started to push so the midwife said to go with it,I pushed for hours and tried all different positions, my DF got in the pool with me to see if he could help. I started to get really disheartened and kept telling everyone I couldn't do it anymore. The midwife kept telling me she could see the head but I didn't believe that I would ever push him out. After a while the mw said they needed to move me to a labour room and out the pool as I needed a drip to speed up my contractions as they had started to slow. She then explained that I would need assisisted delivery,I knew this meant forceps and this scared me so much! Luckily the doctors got called in to theatre so it gave me another half hour or so to push!
Whilst moving between rooms I was contracting in the hallway - with just a gown on - pushing - oh I must have been funny to watch.
Once on the bed the mw cudnt get a drip in me,I felt like she wasn't paying any attention to me as she was waiting for the doctor for the assisted delivery and I was pushing so hard!!I hadn't had gas and air since I got out the pool so I was pushing through every contraction with no pain relief! I started to feel the head cumin out,I was screaming 'I can feel it'. My DF said at this point the mw turned and had a look and she flew across the room trying to get her gloves on as quick as possible! A few more pushes and a lot of pain at 8.12 the head was delivered,with an arm across it,and 2 mins later and a few more pushes and at 8.14 Tyler entered the world. I felt him in between my legs,moving,I was hanging over the back of the bed so I couldn't see him. Everyone was saying how gorgeous he was but I couldn't see him. My DF was crying so much. All I could see in between my legs was blood!they managed to get me to turn around and they gave me my baby - how I sobbed!! He is just perfect!!
The delivery of the placenta was awful,it wudnt come out and I had to push whilst trying to take in my first precious moments with my son.
After all that was done I had a doctor examine me (he stuck his finger up my bum :shock: ) and tell me I had a 3rd degree tear and I would need a spinal and to go to theatre to get sewn up! I was gutted,all that I'd gone through only to have to go to theatre anyway. But I would do it a million times over for him.
So Tyler Thomas was born on the 29th march 2011 at 8.14pm weighing 8lb11.5oz. My gorgeous boy <3
https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/FA5TKAS/utf-8BSU1HMDE0NTQtMjAxMTA0MDQtMTMzNi5qcGc.jpg
https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/FA5TKAS/utf-8BSU1HMDE0NTgtMjAxMTA0MDQtMjIzMi5qcGc.jpg
Xx

I'm great thank you - my stitches are healing well and we are settling in to family life nicely

Xx

Well done hun! You did so well to not have any gas & air untill u were in the labour room! I wasnt allowed any untill i was 8cm....mean midwives!! lol

:D :hugs: xxxxx

He's gorgeous. He looks like a very chilled out little man :haha:

Congrats :flower:

Awh, congratulations, what a gorgeous wee boy you have! My SIL has pre warned me about the finger up the bum lol!xx

He's so gorgeous, well done once again super mummy xx

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: Congratulations again hun!! :cloud9:

Tyler is just gorgeous and you did SO,SO well! :hugs: Very, very proud of you! :hugs:

Oh, and I had a finger stuck up my bum too :shock: :rofl: :rofl: I must admit, I was prepared for everything else...but not that! :rofl:

xxx

Enjoyed reading your birth story. I gave birth in the same position and the mw put him through my legs.

congratulations on the birth of Tyler (i have a 5m old tyler) loved your story, made me giggle so much lol thanks for sharing xx

He is absolutely gorgeous! Well done, you did really well.

xxx

Gorgeous little man! Well done! Sorry to hear you had to go into theatre to be stiched up, that was one of my main worries when I had both my kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->