The Birth Story of Dylan Kent 9/25/10

kfarb

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm finally posting here!

The day before I went into labor, my allergies were really bad. I coughed all day. I think that's what made my water break on Saturday, around 10:45, because my doctor told me at my last appointment my bag of waters was very thick and probably wouldn't break well into labor.

Anyway, 41 weeks plus 3 days, I was sitting on the couch, I had to pee but DH was heading to the bathroom. He stopped to say something and I felt something wet and warm, like a little squirt of pee. I was in disbelief that it was my water, so I thought I must have peed a little. I stood up and a lot of water came out. So we got ready and finished packing and drove to the birthcare center. BTW, first time mommies-to-be, I'm so glad I had a list of everything I needed. I checked off the things already packed, so I knew the last minutes things I still needed to pack and do.

We wanted to do natural and by the time we were admitted I had to focus on trying to relax. The baby's heart rate had to be monitored before they would let me out of bed, and being in that bed with those contractions was not fun. We met my OB's resident and he was really nice. I went from a 4cm to a 7cm within about an hour, so we thought it would go really fast. It was a little while before I was able to get out of bed, and there wasn't much I could do because the baby's heart rate was lower then they like to see.

The pains started to get really bad, and I loved sitting on the toilet, the nurse said I could, but if I felt like I had to push, I had to tell her. When I was checked again, I was an 8. Those contractions hurt, I asked if I was in transition, they said definitely, so I thought, ok...I just need to get through another hour of this. The contractions were bad, but I was getting through them. After about 4 hours, I got the WORST pain in my back I've ever felt. Even when the contractions were stopped, it was there. I pretty much lost control and was screaming and crying. I looked up and my poor husband was crying! I felt so bad, even though I was in pain. I finally decided to get the epidural. I was so disappointed, I kept crying and crying, but the relief was so great, and I knew DH could relax a little too.

I pretty much zoned out on the bed after that. I was finally at a ten but they were letting me labor down, so glad that I got a little rest before the pushing stage. My sister came in to see me. My MIL, who had been in the waiting room texting DH, sent her back after I got the epidural. I thought that was super sweet, because I told my MIL I didn't want to see anyone, but she knew that didn't mean my sister. Now that I think about it, DH probably told her how upset I was about that epidural.

It was finally time too push. That was the most exhausting thing I've ever done. After about an hour, I gave birth to Dylan Kent Farber. I will never be able to find the words to describe that moment! We got some skin-to-skin while they stitched me up. It took another hour, and it sucked (the stitches).

I'm pretty much a hormonal mess right now. I could never have done any of this without my husband. From the start of the pregnancy he stepped right up and went to classes with me, read books, cleaned when I was exhausted and took care of me. The start of Dylan's life was exactly the same. He's pretty much changed every diaper. He knows how much my body has gone though, how my hormones are, and how difficult breastfeeding is, and he's made it as easy on me as he can.

Pictures!

Attachments

• IMG_9599.jpg
    IMG_9599.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9567.jpg
    IMG_9567.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 23
Awww. :cloud9: He's so gorgeous. You did such a good job!! Congrats again! :hugs::hugs:

He is soo cute!! He doesnt even look like a newborn!! Perfect!! Congrats!

he is the most precious thing i think ive ever seen :)

congrats on the birth of beautiful Dylan! I agree with Kita that he doesn't look newborn like at all - so alert, he looks about 2 mths old!

awwww hon, congrats and very well done. i am sorry you had to have the epidural, as i know this was something that you didn't want, but it sounds like you were a champ throughout, and just remember how much you did without the epidural!!! Honestly, that is way more than I could do. My preterm labour was horrendous, and I was no where near 8cm. I am proud of you, and Dylan is so handsome. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->