The birth story of my princess

bubbles

1DS, 1DD & preggo
Reaction score
First things first, my homebirth didn't happen!! Now thats out of the way, I shall start on Thursday morning, I lost my plug about 8.10am and started having very mild and very irregular contractions. I poodled off into town with my sis and brothers GF and was hoping this would help get things going a little. Thursday evening I started getting contractions a little stronger but still quite irregular ranging from 5-10mins apart, they eventually died off so thought it would be a good idea to get to bed so settled down and put my natal hypnotherapy cd on.

Friday 24th - 1.30am I woke up for my nightly wee, got back into bed laid down and felt something fall. I jumped up thinking my waters had gone but nothing gushed so I started thinking it was probably just my back waters, I was a little peeved at this thought as it's how my labour started with DS (which lasted 56hrs). I headed back to the toilet to see what was going on, as soon as I sat down I felt things staring to drop out, I looked down into the toilet to be greeted by 2 massive blood clots and some bright red bleeding. I called labour ward who asked me to go in just to be checked over and if all was well I could go home and wait it out for MW to come see me in the morning.

We arrived at the hospital at around 3am and finally got into the examination room at 3.30am by which point I had started getting contractions every 5mins. Normal process of monitor, urine sample and feel of bump, MW then explained that as I had clots and was still bleeding they wanted consultant to do an internal. He came in not long after and did the exam, he couldn't see where the bleeding was coming from and there was alot more blood than they would 'like' to see, I was also 2-3cm dilated. He explained it could be a couple of thngs 1. a blood vessel had been torn and me getting up had dislodged the blood loss or 2. the placenta had started to come away early which could cause serious problems for me and baby. As much as I wanted my homebirth I wanted baby to be in the safest place. Plan of action was to check my progress 2hrs later if my waters hadn't broke by themselves they would break them for me and again leave me to see how I progressed.
6.30am The MW came in and checked me, I hadn't dilated but was getting good regular contrations so she broke my waters and gave me a stretch and sweep. I was put on the monitor and left to my own devices. 2hrs later I had another internal and had got to 4cm, at 9am they decided they wanted things moved along quicker so got me hooked up to the syntocin. I managed until 10.30am with no pain relief just breathing through but then things really started moving and my contrantractions were coming thick and fast, after yet another internal I was 7cm and decided to start on the gas and air as my hypnotherapy had kinda gone out the window (and my bum was aching). The next half hour was spent with me shouting that I needed a poo and I'm pretty sure I did although the MWs and DH say I didn't, my contractions also started coming one on top of the other. By 11am I was given a half shot of pethadine and could feel my body starting to bear down, the MWs were telling me not to push as I wasn't ready but I knew she was on her way so I just let my body do what it wanted. The MWs were quite shocked to look down and realise babys head was crowning, after a few pushes her head was out and they realised her cord was round her neck. A couple more pushes and her body slid out, she had got herself into a bit of a tangle with her cord but was put straight on my belly. As much as the birth wasn't how I envisaged the MWs were great, they left her cord intact until it stopped pulsing and then I cut it. While I delivered the placenta she was busy crawling up towards my breast, 30min after she was born she had latched herself on and was feeding well. When they finally prised her from my arms we were all shocked to find out her weight.

So after all that I am pleased to announce baby Elsie Janet Sylvia arrived screaming in hospital at 11.30am on 24th September weighing 8lb 9.5oz!! :cloud9:

awww sorry you didnt get the home birth but it sounds like an amazing experience congratulations xx

congrats on the birth of Elsie. Hope you are doing well!

congratulations!! Sounds like you did a great job! xx

Aww congratulations on the birth of Elise hunni I'm so happy to hear she is here though sorry that you didn't get the homebirth you wanted.

Lewis and Elise share a birthday :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"